Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Up on the farm  (Read 2784 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Up on the farm
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:05:25 AM »
Vacationing in the North East this week, and our travels brought us to the Cook's Country farmhouse in Rupert Vermont for a couple nights. This is where they film the series, and of course we are enjoying the use of that great kitchen you see in every episode. Really spectacular home, and room for a dozen people. Last night I grilled strip steaks on their DCS grill. Man that thing can sear! There's a mother load of Kingsford in the basement for the show - they often use a blue SS Performer. Unfortunately it's nowhere in sight, but there are a few locked barns on the property. Pics when I get back next week.

Marty

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Up on the farm
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:39 AM »
That sounds really interesting Marty. Please share some pictures of the place with us.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:39:02 PM »
Back from vacation. After 2,000 miles in a minivan with my Wife, Mother in Law, wife's sister and her significant other, I'm ready for some time off! The Cook's Country farmhouse was my favorite stop for sure. I did all the cooking. Loved every minute in the kitchen, and out back on the DCS grill. The place is nicely tucked into the Green Mountains, and the weather was quite nice. Nothing like sitting in a rocker on the porch with a glass of wine after a good steak.

Me in the kitchen/studio:

The grill after a workout:

And the stack of Kingsford in the basement, waiting for the Weber Performer to show up for this season's filming in a couple weeks.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:48:48 PM by MartyG »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »
Congratulations, Marty!  I'm glad they gave you the respect you deserve. 
One of the charcoal people.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Sounds like yopu had fun, but it also sounds like you need to go chug abeer with the boys!
That would be too much estrogen for me..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
Great pictures and a great story Marty! Cool looking grill too. I think they would have been wise to start filming while you were there. ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
Nice pics! I love the New England area. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Maine and Massachusetts and Rhode Island during the fall. We need to hit Vermont, next time we head up there.

Craig