Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: B-day party BBQ!!! (Pulled pork and baby backs)  (Read 1736 times)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
B-day party BBQ!!! (Pulled pork and baby backs)
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:28:58 AM »
So today is my b-day party and BBQ. Started prepping everything yesterday then the pork butts went on at 7:15am today and later around noon the ribs will go on. I have two 8 pound butts, 5 racks of baby backs averaging about 3.25lbs. I didn't make BBQ sauce and rub from scratch as I usually do as I have an injured left hand and the girlfriend is doing most of this with me directing. I used a premade rub and BBQ sauce both of which I mixed half and half with my own rub and BBQ sauce so hopefully will turn out good. I am using oak and apple wood to get the smoke. I am smoking on the pro-q excel smoker(I know not a weber). Anyways onto the pictures!

A beautiful day to smoke some meat!

Pork butts on!

Stay tuned more to come and thanks for looking and a have a great day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: B-day party BBQ!!! (Pulled pork and baby backs)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:31 AM »
Looks like the start of a great day Mikey.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
Happy Birthday! Mine came and went this year without a cook like this, but next year is a different story. I like your style!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
B-day party BBQ!!! (Pulled pork and baby backs)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
Nice work mike! Happy birthday!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »
That all looks great. Happy birthday!
WTB: Genesis Jr.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
Ribs coming up to room temp before they join the butts on the smoker.

Will get a picture of the butts and how they are coming along when I open up the smoker to put the ribs on!
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
Okay pictures of the butts alittle more than half way done and the ribs joining in on the smoke bath!

Finished pics to follow. I am doing this all at home then taking the meat of the smoker wrapping the butts and transporting to where the party is. I will pull the butts at the party and sauce and put a little char on the ribs there also. All my guests are bringing sides and drinks so this will be good times. The food will be good and the beer will be flowing and good times will to be had by all!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »
Next year I need an invite!   ;)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
I thought about inviting all the local club members but this year I am not having it at my house but at a friend/coworkers house as it is also kinda of our end of the busy as hell season at work. So on tonights docket is eat some bbq that about 4 people are bringing and sides. Then drink beer and have a horseshoe and corn hole tournament. Next year hopefully will have larger place to entertain guest and I can invite any grillfellas that wanna show up! Of course I don't know if my Q can stack up to K's and yours G$!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:06:00 PM by AZ_MIKEY »

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 06:39:33 PM »
Here is the finished picks

Thanks everyone for looking and the b-day wishes!