Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Labor Day Grub!  (Read 4559 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Re: Labor Day Grub!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »
I may have to fix Scotch eggs for our "Monday morning meeting" at work now that I've got the Performer up here. I need to know more about that Bama Bob pie too, did you put a lid on the skillet or just let it run around topless? Duke, what grill did you fix those tostadas on? Never tried the fresh ones ones before, take long to bake them up?  Questions, I've got questions, well, not about the Obama pizza though, ugh  I'm sure once someone notices how much fun we're having grilling they'll start squawking about trees being killed to make charcoal or too much red meat being cooked over it  ::)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »
Eastex, I used my Que Cart since it was parked out front with a full tank. ;) The tostada shells were fresh made at the mexican market where I picked up the salsa. They taste a lot better than the regular ones I am used to. It was the first time I saw them. They also make red chipotle tortillas and green ones, I forget what the greenies were. Cilantro I think.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
I forgot to share my ribs.

Looky all that smoke wood! :o

(It's a red oak & peach mix)

Good, but oversmoked. ::)

These were actually ready to eat and didn't need the foil step, but I did it anyways. Next time I am going to just pull them when they look like this.

I also did a coupla deli style pies.

And some albacore. You could easily mistake this for a porkchop. ;)

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
everything looks top notch!!!