Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Loose Meat Sandwiches  (Read 7220 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »
aka B&G Burgers (Omaha), Maid Rite's (Iowa), Loose Meat Sandwiches (everywhere else) These are truly my favorite form of burger. Here's the ingredients....

Brown 2 lbs. of ground beef

Drain, then add the following... (Just 1 pouch/envelop per 2 lbs. of meat)

And..

Stir it all up together, let it simmer for about 10 minutes..

While that's happening, playtime with the my helper.

Serve 'em up with some crinkle fries and a homemade root beer freeze and ENJOY! or DEVOUR!  ;)

Thanks for having a look!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:50:16 PM by Craig »

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »
Those look really great! I love this forum I've never seen those before. It's kinda like an unsloppy joe without tomato.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
Those look really great! I love this forum I've never seen those before. It's kinda like an unsloppy joe without tomato.

Exactly that! I like sloppy joes, but I LOVE these! When I was a kid, the A&W (root beer) burger joints used to have this style sandwich before switching to patties later on.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Re: Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »
Craig, those look great!

How's the paella pan on the kettle? Which one is that?  Bought this performer from a guy that used one of these but he wouldn't throw it in. Ever since I've wanted to get one.

WTB: Genesis Jr.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »
I don't believe Maid Rites have anything in them other than the beef.  Maybe in Iowa they are a little bit more plain..... at least where my family is from.  I just told my wife this weekend we should try Maid Rites on the grill!   Nice job...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 04:05:16 AM »
Old school burgers, nice job Craig!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:41 PM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone! The Paella pan that I use is 11.5". It even fits my Smokey Joe's. I love it! I've done Sloppy Joes, this, fried rice, egg dish. This pan is a Godsend!

Brian, I haven't actually had the real Maid Rite's yet so you might be right. I've only had the old school A&W version when I was a kid and the ones found at B&G Tasty Foods in Omaha which is what I was looking to replicate and they're almost spot on.  You walk into B&G's and its like 1959 came and stayed. The root beer freeze's they have are to die for! This is definitely being added to my staples. Let us know how yours turn out, Brian.  :D

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 05:52:38 PM »
I've made 'Lipton Burgers' before, but never like that - will have to give it a try!

Thanks for the post.

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »
Great looking cook!
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
I bought the stuff to do this today. I'm thinking Sunday is the day!

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
I bought the stuff to do this today. I'm thinking Sunday is the day!

Let us know how they turn out, CS!  :)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
Craig these were a homerun! I made them the same way in the paella pan. I've never had them before but wow they are great! My new favorite style burger as well. Thanks for the recipe!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »
Your very welcome! I'm glad you liked them! :)

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
Hoping to try these this weekend using my Weber Gourmet Griddle (b-day gift), think it would work well? I know my wife would be happy to see me use it. :)

sparky

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Loose Meat Sandwiches
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »
I don't believe Maid Rites have anything in them other than the beef.  Maybe in Iowa they are a little bit more plain..... at least where my family is from.  I just told my wife this weekend we should try Maid Rites on the grill!   Nice job...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Ya not much in the maid rites , i have heard they are just burger simmered in beef broth . I like the looks of Craigs better , think i will make some soon ! ;D