Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Pizza  (Read 1734 times)

Bosibus

• WKC Brave
First Pizza
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
I have been wanting to do a pizza on the kettle for a while.  I picked up a stone on woot.com not long ago from what I believe someone posted here.  I set up the coals in a circle and put stone on top of charcoal baskets.  I saw that on a thread a while back and remembered it.  The dough was a simple recipe found on youtube with use of a kitchenaid.  For a first timer, I did not want to stray to far from simple but it turned out absolutely great.  I did a pep/mozz and a chicken/bacon/mozz.  My wife took pictures and she did one of her instagram collages, figured I would post it here.  She loved the pizza (she is 39 weeks preggo so I doubt she would not like it) but cannot wait to do another one but next time I would add more cheese!

PhotoGrid_1377480024552 by bosibus1983, on Flickr

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
First Pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
Right on! Great looking pies!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: First Pizza
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »
Nice looking pizza! I like that stone too!

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
That pizza looks tasty!  After doing pizzas on the kettle I don't even want to order any now. I love em.

Also, congrats on the addition to your family! 

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »
Nice work, bos!  And thanks for the photos of your setup-- that makes a ton of sense to me.  Think I'll see about cooking some pizza very soon.
One of the charcoal people.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
Great looking pie! I'm to the point that I can make a better one on my kettle than I used to make on my kamado and I love them. :)