Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My reconditioned Black SS....Finally!! W/Pics everyone, gather around!!  (Read 6089 times)

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
Re: My reconditioned Black SS....Finally!! W/Pics everyone, gather around!!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

Great work she hot!

Thanks, now that's a nice looking "grill"!! :o
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 06:18:42 PM »
Fantastic job, and in my favorite non-color too! Should be good for another 20 years. I'm envious of the cast iron grates. You got yourself one mean grilling machine there. By the way, is that grate hook supposed to go over the lip of the bin like that?

I'm pretty sure it does, never had another to compare to and it seems to fit, and thanks!! ;)

I think he was saying... you might want to check and see how it fits when you put the clip end under the basket.  ;)
[/quote

Ok, I put the clip under the bin and fits much better, thanks!! You learn something everyday!! ::)

We're here to help. And learn. And have fun. And drool. And have more fun. Seems to be working...

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 06:23:41 PM »
Randy, I know this is your first resto so I will be gentle.  Everything looks perfect except for one thing.  The hard truth is this:  that's not the proper grate for that grill.  Not stock at all.  Seems like the seller ripped you off.  I'll be happy to help you by trading it out for the proper grate-- I've got one for a 2003 SS Performer that I restored.  PM me your address so we can swap.

;-)

Thanks Mike, I added the grates myself, so its not the seller's fault. I guess I got the wrong one ??? I can't believe you would actually do that for me, but if you did that, then you wouldn't have your original grate and I would feel bad, but thanks anyway, I'll just deal with my aftermarket grates.... ::)
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
Fantastic job, and in my favorite non-color too! Should be good for another 20 years. I'm envious of the cast iron grates. You got yourself one mean grilling machine there. By the way, is that grate hook supposed to go over the lip of the bin like that?

I'm pretty sure it does, never had another to compare to and it seems to fit, and thanks!! ;)

I think he was saying... you might want to check and see how it fits when you put the clip end under the basket.  ;)
[/quote

Ok, I put the clip under the bin and fits much better, thanks!! You learn something everyday!! ::)

We're here to help. And learn. And have fun. And drool. And have more fun. Seems to be working...

Yes indeed, working perfectly!! ;D

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
Looks Really Nice! .... Great Job!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
Randy, I know this is your first resto so I will be gentle.  Everything looks perfect except for one thing.  The hard truth is this:  that's not the proper grate for that grill.  Not stock at all.  Seems like the seller ripped you off.  I'll be happy to help you by trading it out for the proper grate-- I've got one for a 2003 SS Performer that I restored.  PM me your address so we can swap.

;-)

Thanks Mike, I added the grates myself, so its not the seller's fault. I guess I got the wrong one ??? I can't believe you would actually do that for me, but if you did that, then you wouldn't have your original grate and I would feel bad, but thanks anyway, I'll just deal with my aftermarket grates.... ::)

Randy, I was completely pulling your leg.  I got a pair of those Craycorts myself for Father's Day, and I would never trade them away. 

It's a gorgeous grill, in every respect.  Nice work.
One of the charcoal people.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
Outstanding work!!!!  8) 

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
Nice job, well done!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
That is an excellent job!  I am not sure why you would need to spend any more time on it because that looks like a winner!  Where did you come up with the star nuts for the cross members?  I have a need for some of those myself. I remember reading about them but I was not sure where you can actually get some.

Got them at a bicycle shop, they aren't too cheap, I paid about 4.75 a piece but didn't have much choice. They worked perfectly though!! :D

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
Very very nice.  Check out mine. 

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/performer-ss-restomod-finished/msg46352/#msg46352

Wow, :o just when I was feeling good about mine!! Love that beautiful new lid and that wooden handle, thinking of getting one for mine..
 ::)

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 05:17:23 AM »
Lookin good!