Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cherry Smoked Citrus Chops  (Read 20411 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Cherry Smoked Citrus Chops
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
Seasoned 3 farm fresh chops from the local butcher in Wolfe Rub Citrus for 3 hours in the fridge.  Then smoked for 45 minutes with a piece of cherry wood.  Also did some de-silked corn on the cob that had been soaked in garlic water for a couple hours.  At the end I added asparagus with a bit of EVOO, sea salt and pepper.  Simple but extremely tasty dinner!

Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Cherry Smoked Citrus Chops
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
it looks great!

so you put the wood right on the grates?

did you grill the rice?  :P

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:29:12 AM »
it looks great!

Well, yeah I put the wood on the grate so to speak.  I have broken everyone I have, so there is a 'gap' between the grills, a small piece of wood sits ontop until it burns a bit, then it falls through.

Yes, grilled rice is the best.  I started out with a 50lb bag, what was on my plate was all that did not fall through!   :o
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »
That really looks good.  I may give that a try.  I've never heard of soaking the corn in garlic water, I've always just soaked it in plain water so as to keep it from burning, and slow it from cooking so fast.  Does the corn have any hint of garlic taste from soaking it like that?  If it does, that kinda sounds like it would be good!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »
Great looking meal Larry!

Those are some of my favorites all on one plate. By the way, how do your ci grates get broken. I need to be careful.

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
Very nice looking meal Larry!!! Have you ever tried leaving the silk in the corn and then remove it after its cooked? I think it adds flavor to the corn.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
it looks great!

Well, yeah I put the wood on the grate so to speak.  I have broken everyone I have, so there is a 'gap' between the grills, a small piece of wood sits ontop until it burns a bit, then it falls through.

Yes, grilled rice is the best.  I started out with a 50lb bag, what was on my plate was all that did not fall through!   :o

That's some funny shit right there!
 ;D

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Hey now Troy...watch the LANGUAGE!!  Oh wait, wrong site!  :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:56:42 AM by Jeff »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
Careful! I might have to exercise my executive priveleges.............Oh, I forgot! Troys the man! ;D

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
That really looks good.  I may give that a try.  I've never heard of soaking the corn in garlic water, I've always just soaked it in plain water so as to keep it from burning, and slow it from cooking so fast.  Does the corn have any hint of garlic taste from soaking it like that?  If it does, that kinda sounds like it would be good!

Yes, but not overpowering, very subtle.  If you wanted a stronger flavor you obviously could add more, Old Bay is a great addition to soak corn in before grilling!!

Very nice looking meal Larry!!! Have you ever tried leaving the silk in the corn and then remove it after its cooked? I think it adds flavor to the corn. 

John I haven't, there's usually only one sweet thing I like eating with hair on it......and it's not corn.  But I'll give it a shot if you say it's good! 

Hey now Troy...watch the LANGUAGE!!  Oh wait, wrong site!  :)

Troy, 'someone' would have spanked you on your heiney, chastized you and suspended you for a week on the other site......you bad boy!  ROFLMAO!!  I love this site already!

This is a true story.....first of all I know why this site was created so I'm all for 'why it was created, etc.'.

But that prick (names are hidden to protect the asinine) actually called me AT MY HOME and asked me not to pick on 'KK'......I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS TRUE.
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
ok...please do tell.  Who is KK?  And the person that called your HOME???  I hope it wasnt  Allingham
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:00:39 PM by Jeff »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
ok...please do tell.  Who is KK?  And the person that called your HOME???  I hope it was Allingham
Here's a little hint. He's been an mvp and has his own thread. You guessed the second one. Good going Larry. LOL! ;D

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
K Krueger?  I don't know much about him other than he has over 14K posts. 
And it WAS Allingham that called your home???  I tried to find some of Larry's conversations with K Krueger, but couldnt find them.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
K Krueger?  I don't know much about him other than he has over 14K posts. 
And it WAS Allingham that called your home???  I tried to find some of Larry's conversations with K Krueger, but couldnt find them.

Look up 'Holiday Rib Roast', that was the thread that got me the phone call.......and suspended... ;)  The final post that got me banned was something about me telling a guy to go kill himself.  Fatass sent me an email said he didn't like my attitude and I was banned.  I cried for 8 days and 7 nights.  But I did miss you guys! 

I would rather have a root canal with a rusty razor blade and swish with goat piss than to ever see another KK post.

Who is Duke??  Real names are a must!   :P
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
Larry...you're a riot.  Glad you are here.  Were you banned there permanently?