Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer SS renovation question  (Read 5773 times)

Krharney

• Happy Cooker
Performer SS renovation question
« on: June 29, 2024, 12:44:13 PM »
Hi,  I just bought a blue SS Performer Gen 1.   It is missing the propane tank and regulator.  I know Weber has the replacement regulator and hose # 62642. I think it has the "Quick Connect" fitting.  What type of quick connect fitting would I get for the new propane tank that would be compatible? Are they standard? Also will the new tanks fit on the bracket on the original Performer SS cart?

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 05:00:59 PM »
Remove the QR male fitting from the regulator and replace it with an Acme fitting.
Unless you have a QR tank refill fitting they’re pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 05:14:37 PM »
As far as a replacement tank fitting the holder YMMV as I recently got an O SSP   with an updated tank that was wired onto the holder and the tank handle design isn’t compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 05:17:04 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!