Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Did A Thing Today…..  (Read 725 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Did A Thing Today…..
« on: May 26, 2023, 03:23:33 PM »
Wild Fork Foods order.  Couple of tri tips, a chuck roast, outside skirt steak, burgers, sliders and meatballs.  Oh and a brisket flat that’s 1.3 lbs lol.  Disappointed in that, will probably head to Costco and get a full packer tomorrow.  Free shipping and 20% off.  I figured it was worth a try.  Was well packed on dry ice and totally frozen upon arrival.  Beaux was more than interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

vader

• Smokey Joe
Re: Did A Thing Today…..
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 03:26:43 AM »
I have their free membership for a year service. I use them for several items, but especially for their prime cuts of Picnha & beef ribs.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 06:07:47 AM »
Any recommendations for smoking a 1.3 lb brisket flat?  I don’t want to end up with a small brick for dinner lol….

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 07:40:04 AM »
Ask Beaux how he wants you to cook it for him, and pick yourself up a packer LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 11:36:34 AM »
Ask Beaux how he wants you to cook it for him, and pick yourself up a packer LOL
I cooked it Saturday and it was surprisingly moist - but I was very careful with it.  I've never done just a flat before and this one was tiny at 1.3 lbs.  But it was easy - pre trimmed and ready for seasoning.  I found it to be much less intimidating than a full packer and we didn't have to eat brisket for a week to get it gone.  Next one will be a flat I think, but I'd like it to be at least 3-4 lbs.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 12:00:32 PM »
awesome, I've never been disappointed with meats from Wild Fork
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 01:16:25 PM »

awesome, I've never been disappointed with meats from Wild Fork
The prime tri tip is the stuff.  Can’t wait for leftovers for tacos tonight.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
I see your inspector gave it the ok , i have never used this company hoe is the quality from 1 to 10 ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 05:10:10 PM by Easy »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »

I see your inspector gave it the ok , i have never used this company hoe is the quality from 1 to 10 ?
8.5 so far…. Tri tip is a 10.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 03:40:14 PM »
8.5 is pretty good for online meats and a 10 on the tri tip is amazing I am guessing you will doing again.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 03:43:04 PM »
I heard the company hoe is a solid 9.5

Sent from my SM-A146U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 04:01:13 PM »
Will definitely be doing it again - I bought two.  Possibly sous vide method next.  I’ve read a lot about reverse searing a tri tip and I guess that’s similar to sous vide, just on the grill indirect but we don’t really like low n slow smoke on a steak cut.  Looking forward to it and cooking the rest of this order.  Will space it out - I’m on call this weekend so we’re going to try the sliders tomorrow.  Seafood night tonight - seared scallops and steamed snow crab legs.

Company hoe….. hilarious!

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2023, 05:56:06 PM »
Yes I have recently heard a few people saying “reverse sear” and “Sous vide” in the same sentence. I’ve do t Sous Vide and used kettle for sear or smoke for years…never considered it the reverse sear process but it is the same thing!