Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Moccasin recommendations?  (Read 861 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Moccasin recommendations?
« on: January 16, 2023, 12:12:20 PM »
I knew better, but bought a cheap pair of moccasins last month just for walking around the house. Today, the soles wore through and the memory foam doesn’t wick moisture, it just retains it. I chucked them. I need something that will last without memory foam. Any recommendations?
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Moccasin recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »
I’ve had many pairs of LL Bean Wicked Good moccasins and still have a pair that get abused regularly.  Two years ago my mother in law gifted me a pair of Land’s End moccasins that are pretty amazing that I save “for good” although I did much of my grilling yesterday in them- and yeah they now have a burn hole in the sole but not all the way through.  I think you’d be happy with either. 

https://www.landsend.com/shop-online/reviews/review_314372_le_487500-men-s-fuzzy-shearling-moccasin-slippers.html

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65637?productId=1096709&attrValue_0=Brown&sku=0JKU206100&pla1=0&qs=3155280&gclid=Cj0KCQiAiJSeBhCCARIsAHnAzT_wlfjPHSWYP6GfrVdCCspuDAzOaBitz36lNga6sepB0Hh-xmNv5acaAnAdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 04:45:07 AM »
I’m a croc guy. I’ve tried moccasins a few times and never like them. Crocs work much better for insulating the bottom of my feet from the cold garage floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 07:27:46 PM »
It’s getting difficult to find good quality stuff and I’m trying to buy American-made so long as it is top quality. For example, I just picked up a few belts from Hank’s Belts for the whole family. Expensive- yes, but really good quality, warranty and the service was top notch, when I needed a different size than what I thought. The process was completely automated and took a couple minutes to get done.

Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 09:19:31 PM »
I’m kicking around in a pair of Olu Kai Mocs and they’re pretty comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!