Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Feeding the squirrels  (Read 504 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Feeding the squirrels
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:31:36 AM »
Every morning, squirrels raid our bird feeder. So the wife got some corn and I made a makeshift feeder. We waited most of the morning, but no squirrels. I went out on the deck and found out why.

Below the deck, in the grass, was a 4’ rat snake half way through swallowing a squirrel. I know they cut down on mice and help keep them out of my garage, but I didn’t know they could take down squirrels as well. That snake had to go, and I did the gettin’.

Oh well, there’s  another 7 years of bad luck with mice in the garage.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 05:55:30 AM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Easy

• WKC Brave
Re: Feeding the squirrels
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 07:02:43 PM »
watching the squirrels eat the corn cob is so cool they use there feet to spin it and fill their cheeks with corn , a cob does not last very long , a bushel bag for that matter , nice yard view.

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Re: Feeding the squirrels
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 05:59:42 AM »
watching the squirrels eat the corn cob is so cool they use there feet to spin it and fill their cheeks with corn , a cob does not last very long , a bushel bag for that matter , nice yard view.
Thanks! Yeah, watching them is great. Squirrels, birds, hummingbirds, and the momma dear come through with their babies. I have to take everything in at night because I have a raccoon that cleans house. Even the hummingbird food. He sucks it down like koolaid. It’s like crack for him.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.