Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle chicken Parmesan  (Read 1489 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Kettle chicken Parmesan
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »
I've been wanting chicken Parmesan for awhile, my wife isn't a huge fan but she's dealing with it.
Started 3/4 chimney full of coals while I prepped the chicken. 

First I grabbed some chicken breasts and pounded them flat. Then I used some Panko bread crumbs, added garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and mrs dash.  Did one coat of bread crumbs with lightly moisten chicken, next and egg bath then one final coat of crumbs.

Next I boiled some water for my noodles, and started the sauce.

On went the chicken, grill temp was just shy of 450. My wife bought me a cool grill pan the other day so I put it to work. 

Went indirect for a bit, then wanted to brown it up just a hair.  So I placed the pan over the coals for about 2 minutes (it will brown quickly) I jumped ahead of myself before the pic and sauced one opps!

Next I after everything was sauced I put fresh mozzarella cheese on top. I wanted to melt the cheese so I put a coal basket under the pan to raise them to the top of the lid.

After a few minutes it was semi melted but in fear of over cooking I pulled it early. It was 155 when I put it on the basket. My mozzarella was pre sliced around 1/4 I suggest thinner for a quick melt.

Next came the garlic bread, can have noodles and gravy without that!

Plated up for dinner

It was nice and crispy & well balanced. My wife even enjoyed it ha!

Here's some random shots while cooking.

Homer after the heat change, he gets pretty dark yellow

And a beautiful sky to cook under

Thanks for looking!
Michael

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle chicken Parmesan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »
Wow smoke that looks damn good!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Kettle chicken Parmesan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »
Thank you sir! Was a fun experiment for sure.

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
Looks very tasty. Thanks for the pictures!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »
That ... looks ... Awesome!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »
Um........  Where's mine??  :( 

Seriously!  :'(  Where's mine!?  J/k.... ;) Seriously though, that looks outstanding! I am huge fan of Chicken Parm and I love eggplant parm too, but I've only had them in restaurant's so I need to put this at the top of the "To Cook list"!

Outstanding work, Smoke! If your bride loved it than that's a "make again" as we say in our house!  8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:09:12 AM by Craig »

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Kettle chicken Parmesan
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »
Thanks guys! It was pretty good. I think next time I will coat the whole chicken in sauce and have thinner cut mozzarella. If anyone makes this I would suggest browning around 140 degrees, adding the sauce and cheese around 145 degrees. That way it doesn't over cook by the time you get the cheese melted.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:47:08 PM »
Looks like you nailed it!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......