Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Gift  (Read 354 times)

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
A Gift
« on: June 03, 2022, 03:50:58 PM »
I posted a thread showing the Weber I bought for $100. 502BBQ saw the pictures and didn't want me to grill one more time on my rusty, greasy, burnt up grilling grate. He looked around for his old one to send to me. Apparently his old grate looked better than the noobs grate. Well to make a short story long he couldn't find it. Must've been like when I can't find my keys. Has anyone else found their keys in the refrigerator?

Well he ordered one off Amazon and sent it to me. Can y'all believe that? This fellow doesn't even know me. I could be a scammer, but not in my family. We became ax murderers, priests and politicians. He pmd me and said it should be here and it was. I wanted the forum to know of his generosity instead of a pm.

I decided to christen the grill with a bone in ribeye with baked potato under the grill. The steak has been marinated with lemon juice and crushed garlic since yesterday. I am a widow is why there is only one steak.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A Gift
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »
That’s frikken awesome…. Lots of great grillfellas and grilladies in this group!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
I saw the original conversation and was pretty impressed.
So nice to hear of things like this. These days so many people are just full of hot air.  ::)

Tip of the hat to 502BBQ.

And your inauguration dinner sounds great. :)
Thanks for sharing your story.

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 05:00:58 AM »
I think those pay it forwards I have done for a few years finally paid off. Sorry but I'm not the one who pays for breakfast at the drive through. I am the guy who helps when you are short a dollar or the old lady looking at cheap dry cat food and I bought her a bag of Friskies.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 05:12:08 AM »
that's an awesome story, hats off to @502BBQ
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 05:34:10 AM »
It was my pleasure! I think that is great first cook on it. I'm glad you can throw that old one out!

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 12:18:56 AM »
It was my pleasure! I think that is great first cook on it. I'm glad you can throw that old one out!
That was so kind of you to do that. Many blessings to you!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 05:23:24 PM »
That was so kind of you to do that. Many blessings to you!

Thank you! I try to pay it forward when I can

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 05:30:39 PM »
Way to pay it forward Tim, that’s freaking awesome

Cheers

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »
Way to pay it forward Tim, that’s freaking awesome