Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Howdy From The Bluegrass!  (Read 441 times)

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
Howdy From The Bluegrass!
« on: April 14, 2022, 01:05:36 PM »
   Hello. My name is Jeff and I live in Ky. I believe my family's first grill, is the one my dad gave to me, which I still have. It is a red and black Genesis I. I have the original white plastic folder with the owner's manual, cookbook and the printed receipt from the purchase in 1999 from The Home Depot. I'll post some pics of it all at a later date. I'm sure glad he saved it. I also have a vintage apron from the late '50's that I actually saw on an episode of "Father Knows Best", which is what prompted me to look for it. I can't believe I found one just like it.
   What I really wish to use this year's grilling season, is a Weber Kettle grill, the most famous and most desirable of all. I am looking to purchase one from the '50s or '60s. I love grilling and smoking with briquettes more than gas.
   I look forward to finding a project Kettle, restoring it and using it. One of family members will inherit it one day. I love to restore or refurbish old things and then use them. Also, more than the restoration, I look forward to meeting nice folks on these forums who share my love for this type of family and friends fun, grilling on the patio!
1999 red & black Genesis, '75 red 700 Series

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Re: Howdy From The Bluegrass!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 07:02:27 PM »
Welcome from Dallas, TX. You came to the right place. There are plenty of people here that have what you’re looking for (if they are willing to sell is another matter…). There’s a lot of good restoration articles on the main page if you find one out in the wild. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 07:08:38 PM »
Welcome from southeast Iowa. You will find what you are looking for eventually and lots of great information and help from this site. Enjoy!
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 02:18:38 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, Ga. I enjoy the friends as much as the grills, you are in the right place. You will find a vintage grill, it requires patience though.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 03:41:39 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, AL!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 04:19:50 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »
Thanks for all the greetings, guys.
1999 red & black Genesis, '75 red 700 Series

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
   Hello. My name is Jeff and I live in Ky. I believe my family's first grill, is the one my dad gave to me, which I still have. It is a red and black Genesis I. I have the original white plastic folder with the owner's manual, cookbook and the printed receipt from the purchase in 1999 from The Home Depot. I'll post some pics of it all at a later date. I'm sure glad he saved it. I also have a vintage apron from the late '50's that I actually saw on an episode of "Father Knows Best", which is what prompted me to look for it. I can't believe I found one just like it.
   What I really wish to use this year's grilling season, is a Weber Kettle grill, the most famous and most desirable of all. I am looking to purchase one from the '50s or '60s. I love grilling and smoking with briquettes more than gas.
   I look forward to finding a project Kettle, restoring it and using it. One of family members will inherit it one day. I love to restore or refurbish old things and then use them. Also, more than the restoration, I look forward to meeting nice folks on these forums who share my love for this type of family and friends fun, grilling on the patio!
I'm just learning myself many great cooks here and I am sure their spouses enjoy them cooking too. Welcome from Nakina NC.

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 05:58:11 AM »
Welcome from Waltham,MA

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 06:15:46 AM »
Hey! What part of KY? I am in Lexington.