Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aloha from the Big Island  (Read 356 times)

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
Aloha from the Big Island
« on: October 23, 2021, 08:37:10 PM »
Just taking the time to say hello to everyone. I'm a former chef from Hawaii and have been more seriously grilling and BBQing for about 15 years. I recently purchased my first standard 22" Weber Kettle about 2 weeks ago for $50, and after my first cook I was SOLD! I'm seeing why everyone is so crazy about this funky iconic kettle cooker. My ribs turned out absolutely perfect!  The kettle is light, easy to clean and uses way less fuel than my offset!  The steady heat retention is pretty amazing too.

Future planned mods include a Slow n Sear, Premium Grates, probe port and a lid thermometer. Can't wait to do my first brisket cook!

Hope I get to meet most of you in time. I'm always open for discussion and sharing new ideas. Mahalo for reading.  :)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Aloha from the Big Island
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 05:55:09 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Enjoy the journey of discovery with your new kettle.  BTW the SNS Deluxe is 40% off this weekend, lowest price I’ve ever seen for one.  Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 06:50:11 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 07:12:26 AM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga,  the kettle is amazing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Yes Bama, I saw that sale earlier for the SnS Deluxe and I could punch myself lol. I ordered mine about a week ago for full price. Also had it shipped to my buddy in Texas and had him ship it to Hawaii to save on shipping. I thought I had a deal paying $140 instead of $183. In any case, I have mine waiting at the post office as we speak so I’ll pick it up tomorrow. How often do they have weekend sales? I could use a fancy ss drip pan for $40. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »
Welcome from Missouri, lots of good people here, and feel free to post pics of Hawaii. I need to convince the wife we NEED to make the trip😀
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 06:41:47 PM »
Welcome from Missouri, lots of good people here, and feel free to post pics of Hawaii. I need to convince the wife we NEED to make the trip[emoji3]
You bet sir. Kinda rainy today for a pic, but here’s a recent pic of the west side of the island that she might find enticing. [emoji41]

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 05:03:50 PM »
Welcome from Missouri, lots of good people here, and feel free to post pics of Hawaii. I need to convince the wife we NEED to make the trip[emoji3]
You bet sir. Kinda rainy today for a pic, but here’s a recent pic of the west side of the island that she might find enticing. [emoji41]

Thanks, that’ll do it.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

65Westy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 11:52:11 AM »
Hello from Northern California!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 12:45:56 PM »
Hello from Kent Island!

kcsmokinribs

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 04:14:52 AM »
Hello from Kansas City. Welcome to the forum. Glad you discovered the kettle and what a great grill it truly is.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club