Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18" copper sam adams mounted into a gen2 frame  (Read 505 times)

tvt

• Smokey Joe
18" copper sam adams mounted into a gen2 frame
« on: September 26, 2021, 02:57:21 PM »
here it is folks, my 18" copper sam adams mounted into a gen2 frame. the neat thing about this mod is that i didn't have drill into the kettle to mount it. i can return it back to a stand alone kettle quite easily. to achieve the mount, i picked up 2 t-brackets and 2 right angle 2x2x6 brackets, did some hammering, screwing, high temp painting the brackets, and voila. no gas assist.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 18" copper sam adams mounted into a gen2 frame
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 03:16:18 PM »
I love this !!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 07:03:35 PM »
That’s some resourceful work. I like it. Many-a-griller is going to want details of how you did this.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

Bravosarah

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:15:34 PM »
Nice work! Can I ask how you removed the sticker beside the ignition? Did you scrape it off or use a chemical? TIA

tvt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 07:08:32 PM »

Nice work! Can I ask how you removed the sticker beside the ignition? Did you scrape it off or use a chemical? TIA

Thank you. I remember using a heat gun to warm up the surface and the sticker and used a razor and goo gone for clean up. Careful w the razor to avoid major scratches. You can probably clean it up w 0000 steel wool as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club