Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib Dinner Courtesy of the Glen Blue 26" and Yellow 22" Gourmet  (Read 420 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
First large cook on my Glen Blue 26" and first time warming up my new to me Gourmet was a big success!  It was tons of fun cooking on these yesterday in 90 degree weather with a gentle breeze.  On the menu was 3 racks of baby back ribs seasoned with Killer Hogs APG and SNS Rocky's rub 2-2-1 method.  Wrapped with butter pats and brown sugar and finished off with Sweet Baby Ray's original.  Sides were Mac n Cheese, corn on the cob using a 22" corn n tater ring, bacon ranch potato salad and confetti slaw.  Was an amazing day and so much fun to see the yellow turn to orange.  I've heard others say it before and it's true, you can't capture the true color change with a photo - you have to see it in person.  Family time was great too.... lasted into the evening with light provided by a couple of Weber Lunettes.

Cheers all and Happy Sunday!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:32:57 AM by bamakettles »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Looks like a beautiful day was had by all !!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Pretty epic from cool Weber stuff and the cooking!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Rib Dinner Courtesy of the Glen Blue 26" and Yellow 22" Gourmet
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 02:27:23 PM »
Looks like everyone had a great time!  Nice to see the gourmet in action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rib Dinner Courtesy of the Glen Blue 26" and Yellow 22" Gourmet
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »
And your dog looks hungry...

A great time had by all I'm sure.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 05:33:35 PM »
Very, very nice. Next time, remember the BBQ Beans!

Insider tip: The beans will pick up a fair amount of seasoning from whatever rub you use on your meat. Yes, this is a good thing!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Rib Dinner Courtesy of the Glen Blue 26" and Yellow 22" Gourmet
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 06:59:57 PM »
Thanks guys!  Fun was had, and the kids (pups too) slept over after a big dinner.  One rack of ribs went across the street to the neighbors……

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:01:39 PM by bamakettles »

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 03:41:07 AM »
Thanks guys!  Fun was had, and the kids (pups too) slept over after a big dinner.  One rack of ribs went across the street to the neighbors……

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Awesome of you to be generous! We do the same, usually smoking 4 to 6 racks, and give one full rack to our next door neighbor. They absolutely love Baby-Backs! And they also get a pint of beans!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 05:26:54 AM »
@bamakettles
I don't know how I missed your post, Greg

Congrats on your first big GB 26er cook, it's about freaking time. lol Rib plate with sides look delicious and and a Little Sumpin to wash it all down.

The yellow kettles looks sweet. Congrats on adding the yellow to your collection.

I'm delighted to see the corn n tater ring put to good use. It would have sat in my garage for years just collecting dust. Nice cleanup on the CnT ring.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 06:04:29 AM »
@bamakettles
I don't know how I missed your post, Greg

Congrats on your first big GB 26er cook, it's about freaking time. lol Rib plate with sides look delicious and and a Little Sumpin to wash it all down.

The yellow kettles looks sweet. Congrats on adding the yellow to your collection.

I'm delighted to see the corn n tater ring put to good use. It would have sat in my garage for years just collecting dust. Nice cleanup on the CnT ring.

Cheers

Thanks Robert!  Yes it was past time to break in the GB and she did not disappoint.  The lid is heavier than I'm used to, but the extra room makes it worth it.  Plus just sitting back and watching that Glen Blue smoke is a treat.

Thanks again for the corn n tater ring.  I've been wanting to use it and it worked out nicely.  Next time I want to fill up the grill a bit more with corn and potatoes - maybe July 4th weekend.

Cheers bud!

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
The Glen Blue is just a treat to use. It’s massive compared to the 22” and the color just makes it that much better. Congrats on the yellow and breaking the GB in right!

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Great looking ribs! Got to love Weber kettles. (and smokers/pellet grill) [emoji51]

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Thanks guys…. Now I need the purple shirt and more corn n taters!

22ket~tle

• WKC Brave
purple shirt is quite the accessory- it would most likely improve the taste of whatever is on the weber 🤣

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
purple shirt is quite the accessory- it would most likely improve the taste of whatever is on the weber 🤣

Don’t forget the white belt and white shoes! Way cool!