Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hi From SC.. Need Accessory Suggestions  (Read 218 times)

cat74hy

• Happy Cooker
Hi From SC.. Need Accessory Suggestions
« on: May 17, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »

Hi All. For Fathers Day I purchased the Performer Deluxe for the Hubz. I Wanted to get him the 26” but after reading and watching YouTube went with the Performer Deluxe. I drove 100 miles round trip to get the copper one!! It is currently hiding under the kitchen table covered up until next month. This will be our first Weber. Other than a cover and the Slow ‘N Sear what are the “must haves” to get?? 
TIA Everyone.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hi From SC.. Need Accessory Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 03:08:07 PM »
If he has not cooked on a Weber, a Slow n Sear is not a must have.  I love SnS and have 3 of them.  But, the baskets that come with the performer will produce excellent results....and a snake will take care of his smoking needs for now. 

Chimney starter, long tongs/spatula, gloves, instant read thermometer are must haves.

If he has cooked on a Weber with baskets, and still wants a SnS, it is an excellent accessory.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 03:54:25 PM »

Chimney starter, long tongs/spatula, gloves, instant read thermometer are must haves.

+1 on the above recommendation.  I will add a recommendation of getting him a Thermapen MK4 instant read thermometer.  ThermoWorks, the maker of the  Thermapen runs sales quite often and will probably have a sale coming up for Memorial Day.  Usually the sale is 20% off. Sign up for their email notifications on their Website.

https://www.thermoworks.com/

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 04:05:30 PM »
A Thermapen and meat[emoji491][emoji3052][emoji1641][emoji230][emoji241][emoji226][emoji239]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:45:44 AM »
charcoal starter, thermo pen and meat for the win, and my question is how do you hide a performer under the kitchen table ? is he not allowed in your kitchen ? HAHA
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 05:17:37 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  I agree with all the above, just starting out it could be easy to overwhelm him with tons of extra stuff.  Most cook by temperature - not time, so a probe type thermometer with at least two probes can help tremendously.  Also an instant read digital thermometer is a must.  After that I say let him experiment, research methods and discover what works.  Half the fun is trial and error IMO....it's very rewarding when you figure it out! 

Nice job on the kettle selection, he'll love it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 05:27:16 AM »

charcoal starter, thermo pen and meat for the win, and my question is how do you hide a performer under the kitchen table ? is he not allowed in your kitchen ? HAHA

That’s the first thing I thought lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Cellar2ful

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 06:22:11 AM »

@cat74hy - Well, like I said above, ThermoWorks runs sales on the Thermapens.  I received an email this morning that the Thermapen is on sale for $69 (30% off the regular $99 price).

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4?quantity=1&color=16
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 06:24:14 AM »
I agree with all of the above.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 06:53:22 AM »