Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Phils Fish Market  (Read 2063 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Phils Fish Market
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
I was at Phils in Moss landing last Saturday for dinner and was thinking that since Larry likes seafood so much like me I would take a few shots of the market section to share with him and the rest of you. I started going to Phils before it was a full restaurant. They used to make small amounts of food to sell when customers would come in to buy fresh local fish off the boats. Phil has become well known for his ciopinno throw down with Bobby Flay. Which reminds me, the other day I was thinking since the other site already has an Iron Chef competition I was thinking we should have a Throw Down competition ourselves. Rather than picking an ingredient to work with, we just pick a whole meal and see who can do it best.

Phil brings his fish in locally and from other parts of the U.S.

The live lobsters.

Cioppino to go.

Local catch of the day.

Smoothesmoke, please correct me if any of my information is wrong.  :)

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
Re: Phils Fish Market
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
very nice. There is this run down market by me that is known for their fresh fish, quality meat and selection of beer

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »
Shaun, I'm honored you thought about me!  NICE PLACE!!  Do you know as much as I love seafood, I have never had ciopinno!  Next on my list definitely now!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Thanks!

Verm, Please share the place with us. I would like to see it.

Larry, the mussels you made remind me of the something Phil would make. He gives most of his creations his Italian twist Like the use of olive oil and parmesan. That's my kind of seafood!  You are one of the few people that cook seafood like that. I am Sicilian and there are a few Sicilian seafood recipes I want to try. Vermin, (John S.) is another one of my favorites seafood chefs because his Mexican dishes are incredible like that cocktail he posted here. I should also give a shout to J. Beisinger, his asian style seafood dishes are phenomenal.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
Speaking of fish markets, on a trip to Shanghai last year I had time to browse a local meat market. Amazing variety, and EVERY part is readily available. Talk about the ultimate Ranch Kettle throw-down!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
Nice pictures Marty!