Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Cordon Bleu and "Omaha Steak"Potatoes Au Gratin  (Read 205 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Chicken Cordon Bleu and "Omaha Steak"Potatoes Au Gratin
« on: January 30, 2021, 05:47:37 PM »
We had some large uncooked chicken breast in the freezer as well as some bone in ham that I previously smoked, sliced then vacuum sealed.

I first cut a pocket into the chicken breast and filled with the pocket with the bone in ham, and Swiss cheese, I then seasoned it with Weber Zesty lemon seasoning and EVOO.

To cook I used one full chimney with Kingsford Pecan briquettes and banked all charcoal towards the back. My vent setup was 1/2 open on upper and lower. I cooked the chicken for about 30 min rotating the chicken 180 degrees once. I put the store bought potatoes au gratin on a small Weber tin at the 30 min mark and completed the chicken and potatoes 45min later. So a total cook time of 1.25hrs or as I like to call it 4 drinks.

Was very happy with the results.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken Cordon Bleu and "Omaha Steak"Potatoes Au Gratin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »
Looks good brother!  Love the drink timer.....

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 06:22:08 PM »
Wow! Looks incredibrew. Very nice, and thanks for the description. Always nice to pick up hints and nuggets dropped from peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 06:25:21 PM »
@bamakettles Thanks brother it’s nice to go the deep freezer and grab something out of it to do a full meal on the grill. Specially today we’ve shoveled 4 times tonight due to snowblower out of order.

Don’t tell my wife... but I love grilling in the snow just need a few grills right outside the garage, I keep the garage at a comfortable 65 degrees and blast my music sit at my bar and relax. I think most will agree a cold day of grilling is better than a warm day at work.😊
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:18:07 PM by Shoestringshop »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »
Thanks @bbqking01 fun to do I’m putting it in my rotation of food to do again.