Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch burgers  (Read 1115 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Ranch burgers
« on: November 03, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
Ground beef was on sale so I wanted to get one last burger bbq in before the weather turns.  I decided to cook them all in one go and that means more space than a 22 inch has and since I don’t have a 26 inch, it means the 37 inch gets the nod.

I’ve always loved being outside in the back yard on a cool autumn evening watching the smoke trail off into the sky as the charcoal lights up, but watching that huge ranch quietly firing up with the double chimneys is an impressive sight.

Once lit up, I had a nice working area to cook the full batch of burgers for myself and a couple of football friends.  And they turned out beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Ranch burgers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:49 AM »
Nothing beats a good burger!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 03:34:39 AM »
It is always fun to fire up the Ranch, burgers look awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 05:43:56 AM »
Burgers are one of my favorite things to cook.  So many possibilities...... That Ranch looks really fun to cook on too and those burgers look amazing!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:18 AM »
Looks awesome. Did you put a steak sauce on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
Looks awesome. Did you put a steak sauce on them?

Actually, it was Bullseye Chicken & Rib Sauce.   I was originally going to use VH Garlic Hoisin sauce which is the best honey garlic type sauce I've found yet for burgers even if that's clearly not what it's intended for but I must've run out and not replaced it so I had to fall back to a more traditional barbecue sauce.

I still haven't fired up the ranch as often as I'd like this year with the way COVID-19 has put a severe damper on the large kind of gathering that a large grill like that excels at but I've still fired it up more than I did in 2019.  I'm starting to think about a large chicken thigh or chicken leg quarter barbecue with it soon, especially if this mild November weather we've been having holds on a little longer.

WeberSwede

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 04:45:16 AM »
I'm in awe and envy.

A Weber Ranch AND burgers AND good friends. That definitely counts for a good set-up.

Cheers,
WeberSwede

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
Good looking burgers!