Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend cooking part 1: Friday night  (Read 451 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Weekend cooking part 1: Friday night
« on: October 04, 2020, 08:58:00 AM »
I stocked up on food on Thursday since the local independent grocery store had steaks and roaster chickens on sale with some ideas about what meals could be fit in around a bunch of different things this weekend

I had a football practice with the winter indoor team on Friday evening.  It rained pretty much the whole time but cleared up near the end.  One of my friends and I went back to my place after, changed out of the cold, wet stuff we were wearing and had a cup of hot chocolate to warm up which hit the spot perfectly.

I got the barbecue lit up and put the chicken on with some roast potatoes down below and steamed up some broccoli.  I’m a good chunk older than all of the other players except for one so for kicks and giggles I demonstrated this new music streaming service that spins at 33 1/3 RPM for the friend while the chicken cooked.  The playing time for both sides of an LP is about the right amount of time to let a chicken spin before it’s time to do a temperature check and it was almost done by the time the record finished.

We had a good meal to finish out Friday and get a start on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weekend cooking part 1: Friday night
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:44:21 PM »
Nice looking dinner, we’ll played.

Using a record player spinning Jackson Browne as your timer, that’s priceless!!

Thanks for sharing your cook

Cheers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:40:35 AM »
Good food, good music well done
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jrzy.Hillbilly

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:48:50 AM »
Nice looking chicken!