Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza n Football Night in Bama  (Read 9509 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pizza n Football Night in Bama
« on: September 26, 2020, 03:54:26 PM »
Made my first homemade pizza dough today and broke out the kettle pizza attachment tonight - paired with the red LE which has become my summer workhorse.  Did vortex chicken thighs last night on it, was having too much fun for pics.  Tonight’s pizza turned out really tasty, will have my wife’s peach tarte tartin for desert.  Check out the crimson color change on this normally bright red kettle......Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:32:58 PM by bamakettles »

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Pizza n Football Night in Bama
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:30:30 PM »
Roll Tide. Pizza looks great. I’ve had a pizza kettle attachment for years and never used it. Need to try it soon.

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 07:52:09 PM »
That dessert looks awesome. Peach is my favorite fruit.

The pizzas look great too! [emoji854]

I can't wait to get a kettle pizza.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 03:57:46 AM »
Good looking pie Greg and your wife's dessert looks tasty too.

I like the crimson color change.

How do you like using the B&B charcoal briquettes? I recently purchased two bags at Ace. From my experience so far, it takes a little longer to light in a weber chimney and burns cleaner than KBB. Does not burn as hot as lump.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pizza n Football Night in Bama
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 05:36:51 AM »

How do you like using the B&B charcoal briquettes? I recently purchased two bags at Ace. From my experience so far, it takes a little longer to light in a weber chimney and burns cleaner than KBB. Does not burn as hot as lump.

B&B lump and briqs are now my go to for all cooks.  I've not bought anything else this year after trying them.  I will say that the briqs do tend to break apart when dumping them out of the chimney though - at least on this last bag, but only the lit ones on the bottom of the chimney.  All in all, I really like this brand.  The lump usually has some large and interesting pieces in it which I like and definitely burns hotter and longer than the briqs.  I'll add a pic of what I brought to the beach last trip..... probably overkill, but I used most of it.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 07:09:49 AM »

B&B lump and briqs are now my go to for all cooks.  I've not bought anything else this year after trying them.  I will say that the briqs do tend to break apart when dumping them out of the chimney though - at least on this last bag, but only the lit ones on the bottom of the chimney.  All in all, I really like this brand.  The lump usually has some large and interesting pieces in it which I like and definitely burns hotter and longer than the briqs.  I'll add a pic of what I brought to the beach last trip..... probably overkill, but I used most of it.

I've noticed the same when dumpling B&B briqs, they also crumble when you reuse them for a second cook.

I use RO lump for most of my cooks and haven't found B&B lump locally. I'm sure I could have it shipped to Ace. I'm not a fanboy of KBB!

No that's was not overkill on your last SGI trip! You can't to much charcoal or accessories for a week vacation.  Is your beach wagon ready to road trip this week?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 07:38:46 AM »

I've noticed the same when dumpling B&B briqs, they also crumble when you reuse them for a second cook.

I use RO lump for most of my cooks and haven't found B&B lump locally. I'm sure I could have it shipped to Ace. I'm not a fanboy of KBB!

No that's was not overkill on your last SGI trip! You can't to much charcoal or accessories for a week vacation.  Is your beach wagon ready to road trip this week?

Oh yes, it's washed, full-o-gas and all fluids and tire pressures checked - part of the weekend readiness drill.  I think I've settled on my modded Smokey Joe for the trip.  I got a travel bag for it last year and it was perfect for small cooks for me and my wife.  I really only see cooking filets, burgers and fresh fish n shrimp for us and that's plenty of room for two meals at a time.  Pretty excited to get away and relax.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 07:42:57 AM »

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
Greg
SJ should be sufficient for two at the beach.

We're pretty excited to get away and relax! 

The original plan was to take the 18" red A/B code to SGI. Plans have changed now, it will be a primary color of which there are only three. You have two guesses to get it correct. lol

Have a safe trip to the island and we'll see you on 10/5

Cheers

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 07:57:12 AM »
Greg
I like your SJ mods!

I have a SJ "O" (92) code in excellent condition if you want it. It's boxed and sitting in the shed. I can't bring myself to use it as a chimney holder.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:05:35 AM by AZ2FL »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »
I'll bet I can guess lol.....  Ya'll have a safe trip as well and look forward to seeing you.  Thanks for the offer on the SJ, but truthfully I've got more of those than I need.  I can't use them for chimney duty either.  Plan on using one to hold halloween candy by the door in case we have any trick or treaters next month.  See ya...