Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Inspirational Kettle  (Read 883 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
My Inspirational Kettle
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:09:42 AM »
The Kettle I’ve owned the longest - we all have one - is my 2006 base model black 22”.  It was the Wal Mart basic version with standard ash pan and economy 3 rail triangle.  We’d used it for 13 years up until last fall.  First picture or two is the grill about a year ago.  Last fall I did some upgrades to it, did a makeshift leg extension which made it taller but really wobbly and cleaned it up some.  Also added a lid hinge, gasket and probe port.  After scoring a nice outrider yesterday of the same year (both are DR labeled) I decided to fix up the old girl the right way with new legs, triangle and ash collection system from another LE I had.  Also took a few pics with her non color family.  She will be on duty tonight for Sunday evening steaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Re: My Inspirational Kettle
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
Nice job giving that old grill some love!   That’s what it’s all about.  [emoji1303]

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:17:56 AM »
Nice upgrades on your inspirational grill. Well done Greg!

What did you do with the old economy triangle and legs?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 07:45:43 AM »
Nice upgrades on your inspirational grill. Well done Greg!

What did you do with the old economy triangle and legs?

Thanks Robert, I'm pretty stoked about this one and enjoyed cooking on it last night.  Funny I was looking at the Weber website this morning and it looks a lot like the new Master Touch Premium with black wheels, triangle and ash pan.  Got me a looker!  I've been so focused on different interesting colors that I've not really paid attention to these black ones.

I still have the economy triangle, removed all the rust from it.  Looks new and it's in my parts bin in my storage building.  Legs were cut down for the first modification (Tom Horsman special) and they have galvanized conduit inserted in them.  Had to cut the top inch off to remove the indentation part for the pipe to be inserted.  So they're usable I guess, just short.  I saved them though for future whatever just in case.  Do you think you might have a use for them?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:48:27 AM by bamakettles »

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 07:50:53 AM »
Awesome. I gotta say Bama you take the best family photo shoots

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 07:53:02 AM »
Awesome. I gotta say Bama you take the best family photo shoots

Thanks!  My neighbors probably think I'm strange....... but I give them bbq so they know the deal.  ; )