Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Hauler is out of commission for a time  (Read 3042 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Grill Hauler is out of commission for a time
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »
Long back story but I bought a car for my kids to use to while they are just starting driving, since early July it is used by my wife sister for bit while she is in town from Arizona.  Blessing in disguise as it motivated my 18 year old to put away enough money to buy her own car.  So we put an offer on one last Tuesday, inspection Wednesday, we should have the car by Friday.  Meanwhile, I am letting  my 18 year old use my Honda Element (grill hauler) to get back and forth to work.  Thursday I get a call, she rear ended someone, she is fine, everyone is fine.  The grill hauler is out of commission for a bit.  Needs a new hood some front end parts and a few grand but she will live again.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grill Hauler is out of commission for a time
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 08:46:17 AM »
Long back story but I bought a car for my kids to use to while they are just starting driving, since early July it is used by my wife sister for bit while she is in town from Arizona.  Blessing in disguise as it motivated my 18 year old to put away enough money to buy her own car.  So we put an offer on one last Tuesday, inspection Wednesday, we should have the car by Friday.  Meanwhile, I am letting  my 18 year old use my Honda Element (grill hauler) to get back and forth to work.  Thursday I get a call, she rear ended someone, she is fine, everyone is fine.  The grill hauler is out of commission for a bit.  Needs a new hood some front end parts and a few grand but she will live again.
Sad for the car, glad no one was hurt
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »
Glad everyone is ok.  Hopefully, cell phone was not involved.  Had that discussion with mine over and over and over even though they're all over 24 years old.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:30:44 PM »
Glad no one was hurt.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 02:09:07 PM »
Sucks for the car, but glad no one was hurt in the accident.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!