Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I know a guy...  (Read 2960 times)

StLouQue

• Happy Cooker
I know a guy...
« on: September 03, 2020, 08:33:25 AM »
Hello from St. Louis. This is my versa-style One-Touch Platinum part-time kettle. Named it Marco, after a fellow que-ster who did it before me. Looking forward to swapping ideas and tales. Peace.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: I know a guy...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »
Welcome to the WKC from Gainesville, Florida
Nice looking setup

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. Marco is looking good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Nice rig there, although I don't see a step ladder in the pic... ; )

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »
Welcome from Arizona!  Interesting setup.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

StLouQue

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 07:22:34 PM »
Good one... bamakettles :D
Truthfully, when I saw the height of Marco's kettle/wsm combo, my back and knees rejoiced at the thought of no longer having to bend over or squat to refuel the WSM. Craigslist turned up the 18" OTP, which is the perfect size grill for this single grandpa.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
I know a guy...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »
Folks, this Fella here is the person that introduced me to the true fine art of barbecue.

Lookin’ good, Scooter. Glad to see you here! How long have you had Marco... a decade? Longer than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:55:17 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 05:14:21 AM »
Good one... bamakettles :D
Truthfully, when I saw the height of Marco's kettle/wsm combo, my back and knees rejoiced at the thought of no longer having to bend over or squat to refuel the WSM. Craigslist turned up the 18" OTP, which is the perfect size grill for this single grandpa.
Very nice, and good to save the knees and back!  I'd love to see some cooks on this when you can.  Again, welcome to the fun here.....

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 06:58:38 PM »

Hello from St. Louis. This is my versa-style One-Touch Platinum part-time kettle. Named it Marco, after a fellow que-ster who did it before me. Looking forward to swapping ideas and tales. Peace.

Welcome Steve!  You still have any apple wood from the tree that I cut down?  Hope all is well!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »
Awesome!
View to a Grill on YouTube

StLouQue

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »
I have quite a bit of that apple wood still around, Lowbrass. Kept it in brand-new galvanized trashcans all this time. It still burns predictably, or perhaps I've adjusted to the wood without realizing. If you or your brother are ever wanting for some... say the word.

Bob BQ, OTP-related files on my laptop files say 2012. It's picking up some rust spots. Looking for a remedy, Google dropped me off here.

Thanks for the welcomes, one and all. Keep your loved ones and yourselves safe.