Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thank you for this forum  (Read 4804 times)

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
Thank you for this forum
« on: September 02, 2020, 01:48:55 AM »
Can I just throw it out there that I am super thankful for this forum? I used to get up early every morning and read the news, but with COVID, riots, distance learning, mass unemployment, looting, shootings, the election, it just isn't worth looking at the news anymore. It is nice to just come to this forum where everyone is polite, friendly, offering advice and encouragement, it reminds me of my youth and a more civil time. And as we approach the holiday, I can't help but think of Labor Days of yester-year, family cookouts, living in Illinois as a kid it represented the end of summer, back to school and the closing of the pool. The world is wacky and if we could all just sit down to a good meal together, maybe some of that civility can return someday. No politics at the dinner table, just getting to re-connect with your grown-up children, perhaps your parents or extended family.

So - please continue to post pics of your meals, as well as chime in with any nice Labor Day cookout stories or memories.

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Thank you for this forum
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 04:17:07 AM »
Well said , sir !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 04:37:55 AM »
Times are tough and I really hope that after this dog turd of a year that things improve into the future.

It is good to give thanks to those who started and maintain the forum/website.  BTW THANKS GUYS! I am very thankful for this place not only because of the members, but because of the resource it provides for cooking, restoration, and project information.  At any given time of day if something pops into my head I can hit the search feature and likely find someone who had a similar situation I was considering. 

You may not say thanks all the time, but the next best thing you can do is try to be a good member to WKC.  Participate in discussions and make friends with other members here to help each other out.  Help other members when they have questions if you have good answers (especially when you know they are new to the forum or grilling in general).  And lastly do what you can to add to the wealth of knowledge here.  Anytime I take on a project I will try to post about it with all my supplies, directions, and tips.  It not only saves me time when people ask, but everyone else time when they go looking for solutions. 

Doing these kinds of things are what really pulls people into this place.  I know that I was lurking for a few months and then I got to know a few helpful members here and I just absolutely got sucked in.  Its a great place to be and now this place is like home. :)
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 05:43:13 AM »
Very well said guys.....Thanks to all who maintain this site and contribute to making it a success.  I appreciate everyone here and the safe environment we have.  Coming here every day is something I look forward to and there's no way that I would have learned the things I've learned if not for this group.  Let's keep it going!

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »
I also would like to thank everyone here specially the creators because I too have become absorbed in everything Weber and this thread. It was probably less than 6 months ago when I got my first 2004 blue 22” kettle off of Craigslist for about 40$ and I had now idea what I was getting into I initially was looking on YouTube on how to clean it out. That’s where I found Troy’s how to video with a razor scraper. I followed his advice and saw the glory of porcelain. From there on I was hooked. In my little time with “Weberitis” I’ve probably purchased over 15 different Weber’s cleaned them and sent them to there new homes. Now all my brothers/family/in-laws have restored kettles. It’s been such a fun hobby and gives me such accomplishment every time I finish one. So thank you all for everything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:21:05 PM »
Dog turd of a year is an understatement. Keep positive and grill on!  Peace be with you all.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
That right there is why this place is the best!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
Thank you for being here!