Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Video for the 26" Glen Blue  (Read 1632 times)

Troy

• Statesman
WKC Video for the 26" Glen Blue
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENP3LkmVek

A couple talking points:
- I couldn't get the leg clips to work. Was I doing something wrong? Pretty sure I followed the instructions.
- Would you file a warranty claim about that lid blemish? I'm bummed about it, but I am going to live with it I think...

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Re: WKC Video for the 26" Glen Blue
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
Hey Troy, sometimes I put the clips in the leg first, then slowly work it in!! Also, I may be the first in Canada to get one, be here tomorrow!! Great video!!! Luv that 22 Glen!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »
Clips in legs first works best !!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 04:16:49 PM »
I have only one kettle with the clips.
Mine are put in the legs before insertion.
Push the button in just as you enter the socket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:07 PM »
I'll re-install my legs if Weber updates their instructions to put the clips into the legs first! =D

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »
Somehow, I’ve never seen one of your videos until this one. Enjoyed it. I’ll watch more!

Super interesting to learn the Glen Blue kettle kinda started it all! I love the history! Just wish I learned this about 4 hours ago prior to my neighbor asking about all the grills on my patio....[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 07:30:24 PM »
Nice vintage glen blue

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »
Nice video!!  $400 for a new Kettle?  Yup, I'd file a claim with no guilt at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 02:48:23 AM »
You have your computer desk in the garage? Keep working those clips I did it following the instructions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:06 AM »
Nice video Troy.  My first leg clip kettle also.  I also put the clips in the socket first.  The leg fit tight, and there’s none of that 26” wobble I have on my other 26ers.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:19 AM »
I enjoyed the video!  Keep them coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 06:59:10 AM »
Nice video and good explanation of the history of the WKC and how interest in collecting has increased.  I agree that the leg pins are the most challenging part of the assembly process.  I did get them to pop out of the holes and the legs are surprisingly tight in the sockets.  Grill is very stable. 

Thanks for all you do and have done for the Weber community!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »
Thanks for the video! I enjoyed seeing a video of the glen blue rather than just images. Can't wait to see the video of your first cook on it.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »
Loved it Troy!  I miss seeing these videos from you, they are so well done!  To your talking points, I haven’t been able to even put mine together because I can’t get the legs in at all!  The angle seems to be off!  The lid I would be 50/50 on.  Sometimes I think that others are being too picky especially with the bottom of the ash catcher clips but that is a different story than your lid.  I actually had to do a lid warranty because the lip of 2 vent holes on mine was raised just enough that I couldn’t rotate the damper at all.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »
Loved it Troy!  I miss seeing these videos from you, they are so well done!  To your talking points, I haven’t been able to even put mine together because I can’t get the legs in at all!  The angle seems to be off!  The lid I would be 50/50 on.  Sometimes I think that others are being too picky especially with the bottom of the ash catcher clips but that is a different story than your lid.  I actually had to do a lid warranty because the lip of 2 vent holes on mine was raised just enough that I couldn’t rotate the damper at all.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

I ended up filing a warranty for the lid. After waking up to it a few times and feeling that sinking gut feeling seeing the blemish, i decided to ask for a replacement.
I registered online and filed the warranty online. Within 3 minutes they emailed confirming a replacement.

I also struggled with getting the legs in!!! I had to bend flat part where the axel goes in to be more spread

Thanks for the words on video, I plan to make more. I love doing it!