Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26 into a performer help San Diego  (Read 6864 times)

Justinbrown0487

• Smokey Joe
26 into a performer help San Diego
« on: July 18, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
Has anyone done what @andrewshrm did with his 26 in San Diego? I purchased the gen blue wife says a couple have to go. I think if I can just drop my black 26 into my performer it will suffice. I’m willing to pay in beer cash give you the green kettle in my performer now for a little help guidance with the undertaking. I have a nice piece of butcher block that I can use as my new table.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=45273.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missippijim

• Smokey Joe
Re: 26 into a performer help San Diego
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 06:16:44 AM »
You have to widen the existing frame to fit the 26 in the alloted space for the 22.  You can do that by either cutting the existing frame leg brackets and adding something to fill in the gap.  Or best approach, you make new frame leg brackets from wood to match that butcher block top. I am going the route of making new frame leg brackets out of wood.  I still want to use the bottom wire shelving so the charbin can still be used with the table. That way if for some reason, I have the ability to change everything back to the 22 in the performer.

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 04:21:20 AM »
A 26 will fit nicely into an SSP frame!
Text @ 419-619-6379

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »
Hey @Justinbrown0487 - glad to hear you are thinking about doing the conversion.  Wish I would have seen this post earlier.  Have you made any headway?

Justinbrown0487

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 06:08:54 AM »
Hey @Justinbrown0487 - glad to hear you are thinking about doing the conversion.  Wish I would have seen this post earlier.  Have you made any headway?
My wife made me get rid of it :( haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 11:57:38 AM »
I just saw this come up again, had a bit of time, and pulled this stuff out to take some pics. The frame is from a couple of Genesis gasser frames. The really visible rust is from where I took a grinder to some of the metal tabs, that would not be needed for the Performer frame. I widened the frame, by cutting it in half and then using a couple pieces of tubing, which have 1"x1" wood running the full length of the tube. Last pic, I'm pointing to one of the connection points. Thats just electrical tape coving the connection. It's actually very sturdy, as is, but I had planed to make it more permanent and look nice. The brackets on the 26" bowl came off a donor 22" Performer, that was not worth restoring. 

Found another pic.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:27:15 PM by Jason »

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »
That's your classic look right there!  Always wondered when I'd see one in a first-gen frame.  Makes me wonder what a 26" Performer would end up looking like if Weber actually ever came out and produced one.