Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen blue 26  (Read 24932 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Glen blue 26
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »
Question for those of you with warranty claims: do you call, or just fill out the claim on the website?

It really speeds the process up if you register the grill online before calling in IME.  I called the Weber 800 number this morning at around 8:20, went to the warranty claims which I think is option 4, then used the call back feature by pressing 2.  An agent called me back in about 30 minutes.  I told him the problem, he sent me an email request for a proof of damage picture and I responded to the email while on the phone and he had an order in for a replacement lid in just a few minutes.  Easy process this way and I received a confirmation email that the lid is ordered.

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2020, 07:54:26 AM »
Question for those of you with warranty claims: do you call, or just fill out the claim on the website?

It really speeds the process up if you register the grill online before calling in IME.  I called the Weber 800 number this morning at around 8:20, went to the warranty claims which I think is option 4, then used the call back feature by pressing 2.  An agent called me back in about 30 minutes.  I told him the problem, he sent me an email request for a proof of damage picture and I responded to the email while on the phone and he had an order in for a replacement lid in just a few minutes.  Easy process this way and I received a confirmation email that the lid is ordered.

Cool, thanks. Hoping I won’t have to go through this process, but it helps to know what to do.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2020, 08:40:47 AM »
I have been on the phone with Weber 3 times in the last 2 months all them took numerous attempts and looooong wait times. I had to specifically ask for free shipping on a $160 order... was incorrectly told an issue I had wasn't covered and once was on hold for 2 hrs and then the call ended.

Yesterday I submitted 2 warranty claims online one I mentioned above one new one, attached the pics when I submitted. Just got an email for each issue this hr with confirmation that they are covered and shipping.

I Would definitely go online. Just be sure you get the email saying it was submitted. Normally I just call if I need anything but looks like I will be using the online form going forward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »

I did both, but finished online before I was ever connected. Don't waste your time on the phone. The website process works great. You'll get an email shortly after the claim is received. Just make sure you get the "your claim was successfully entered" (or whatever it says) after you hit the SUBMIT button.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Glen blue 26
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:10 AM »
Noticing on FB that the bowl handles on these are not centered with the front leg, but a bit to the right.  This is my first 26" so I don't know if that's normal or not.  Might be handy when pulling the grill right handed - walking forward with the grill behind you.  Mine is the same as what I'm seeing.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2020, 12:14:18 PM »
So I got mine and with exception to attaching the lid handle it is assembled.  I need to get some fender washers to give it a good grip on the lid.

I did not have any issues with my kettle.  There were little tiny blemishes at the bottom where the bucket attaches, but i think this is either from rubbing against the grates in the box or just something that happens in manufacturing.  Personally I just dabbed some high heat paint on those spots for rust prevention and no one will ever see it. I also noticed there was some spots under the rim of the bowl where the blue didn't cover, but again it wasn't bare metal and no one will ever see it.  The legs were a bit of a bear to get into the sockets but this might be a good thing because it seems pretty solid and not wobbly.  Just make sure you assemble on a nice blanket, mattress, or etc.

I want to remind everyone that those with chips and dings that it has nothing to do with the overall quality of the grill, but is most likely just something that is going to happen when packing and shipping a large kettle.  This is probably Webers largest ship out in a week with a custom color so you are naturally going to see more of it now than in the past with everyone showing their new kettles as soon as they get them in this short window of time.  My spring green came with a chip and blemish, but Weber warranties things well. Just try not to nit pick too much everyone. The last thing we want is Weber getting tired of us nit picking and to have them be less than awesome with claims or stop with the new colors all together.

As for the quality and look of this grill it is magnificent. The color is bright and vibrant and the spray on the glen blue color looks like it was done right.  I have a red LE and this is definitely NOT like that.  So if you are on the fence about ordering you need to clearly get on the BUY IT side of the fence. Otherwise you will grilling with myself or another WKCer and doing face palms the whole time because you could have ordered but didn't.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:16:54 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:31 PM »
Noticing on FB that the bowl handles on these are not centered with the front leg, but a bit to the right.  This is my first 26" so I don't know if that's normal or not.  Might be handy when pulling the grill right handed - walking forward with the grill behind you.  Mine is the same as what I'm seeing.
My handle appeared to be center.  It could be the camera angle or the way the legs are into the sockets needing a little twist or bend.  I noticed one of my rear legs didn't look perfectly straight, but after getting it assembled it kind of corrected itself. 

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Mr.Smoke

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »

Even Weber’s stock photo on their website shows that its offset a bit to the right. Appears to be perfectly normal.  8)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:38:04 PM by Mr.Smoke »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »

Even Weber’s stock photo on their website shows that its offset a bit to the right. Appears to be perfectly normal.  8)

Good find!  I guess it's normal then.  Kinda makes sense if you're dragging it around as long as you're right handed which I am not lol....

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2020, 12:50:29 PM »
So I got mine and with exception to attaching the lid handle it is assembled.  I need to get some fender washers to give it a good grip on the lid.

I did not have any issues with my kettle.  There were little tiny blemishes at the bottom where the bucket attaches, but i think this is either from rubbing against the grates in the box or just something that happens in manufacturing.  Personally I just dabbed some high heat paint on those spots for rust prevention and no one will ever see it. I also noticed there was some spots under the rim of the bowl where the blue didn't cover, but again it wasn't bare metal and no one will ever see it.  The legs were a bit of a bear to get into the sockets but this might be a good thing because it seems pretty solid and not wobbly.  Just make sure you assemble on a nice blanket, mattress, or etc.

I want to remind everyone that those with chips and dings that it has nothing to do with the overall quality of the grill, but is most likely just something that is going to happen when packing and shipping a large kettle.  This is probably Webers largest ship out in a week with a custom color so you are naturally going to see more of it now than in the past with everyone showing their new kettles as soon as they get them in this short window of time.  My spring green came with a chip and blemish, but Weber warranties things well. Just try not to nit pick too much everyone. The last thing we want is Weber getting tired of us nit picking and to have them be less than awesome with claims or stop with the new colors all together.

As for the quality and look of this grill it is magnificent. The color is bright and vibrant and the spray on the glen blue color looks like it was done right.  I have a red LE and this is definitely NOT like that.  So if you are on the fence about ordering you need to clearly get on the BUY IT side of the fence. Otherwise you will grilling with myself or another WKCer and doing face palms the whole time because you could have ordered but didn't.

No sign of a single porelain flake in the box that mine came in.  The box was in perfect shape too.  I have to believe that mine was packed with the defect - but I'm not miffed about it, just sharing my experience.  They have been very responsive to the issue and are taking care of it which I applaud.  Now I have a free spare lid which is nice.....

Scogin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2020, 04:59:41 PM »
Only part that worries me about my handle crack is if the handle is weakened or has a defective weld.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
I am pleased to report that my Glen Blue arrived in perfect condition! I was able to enjoy a cool brew after assembling  instead of dealing with Weber customer service. I feel bad that some of you guys had quality issues.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

SlickRockStones

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Doesnt look normal to me. Looks cattywompus. Weber.com top down view of the black 26 grill clearly shows the front leg through the handle centered. On GB 26er it’s mysteriously not seen. Was this photoshopped out to hide a production flaw?

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2020, 07:59:50 AM »
Still waiting on mine. Scheduled delivery is today, but that seems highly unlikely, as tracking shows it in the middle of freaking nowhere in Minnesota as of a couple hours ago. This is some of the weirder shipping activity I’ve seen for something I’ve ordered before; it apparently spent 4 days going in a circle in Illinois.

I figure I’ll get it eventually, but if the tracking is accurate, I’ll be surprised if it shows up before August

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2020, 07:28:17 PM »
Im in Vancouver and yes totally agree Darko but i would love one! Amazon down the road?
Good thing it isn't in Canada. Probably priced near 600 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Weber told me that I could order one no problem.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app