Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen blue 26  (Read 24928 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Glen blue 26
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2020, 07:29:02 PM »
Mine arrived safely with no popped porcelain. Whew.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Weberguy

• Happy Cooker
Disappointed
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »
I just opened the box and am very diasappointed with major paint defects around both sides of the handle on the bowl (for some reason, I can't post a picture; too large?).  I've seen quite a bit of irregularities around the internet with these.  I don't understand how so many of these get sent out damaged.  I've already registered the grill, put in my claim and within minutes they responded and ordered a new bowl.  However, the bowl is not currently available, so who knows?  Hopefully, they'll send me a replacement bowl soon.  Customer service is world-class, but it seems as though quality control is abysmal, from what I've seen and experienced.  I once ordered a replacement lid for my WSCG and the one they sent had a large dent in it.  That required a third lid.  They happily send them, but it's very disappointing and a hassle to continually have to contact customer service about poor quality.
Webers:  26" Kettle Black, 26" Kettle Glen Blue, 22" Master Touch Ocean Blue, WSCG Center, WSM 22", WSM 18", Summit Grill Center

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »
i'd love for someone to actually gather the numbers before declaring quality control issues.
Anyone have any idea how many have shipped?

I know its easy to fall prey to the "My grill is broken. Your grill is broken. ALL THE GRILLS MUST BE BROKEN!" mentality, but it's anecdotal and not accurate or healthy.

Weberguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
I’ve had numerous interactions regarding Weber grills, both new and almost new.  There is no other company I’ve had to deal with as many times about quality issues, and I’m a loyal brand guy for more brands than Weber.  Even if it were just mine, it’s too many because it left the factory in that condition.  I’m not considering shipping damage.  I just don’t see how mine could have left the factory in such condition.  It doesn’t matter how many; NOT one should leave the factory with paint deficits.
Webers:  26" Kettle Black, 26" Kettle Glen Blue, 22" Master Touch Ocean Blue, WSCG Center, WSM 22", WSM 18", Summit Grill Center

SixZeroFour

« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2020, 10:29:44 AM »
@Darko Weber Canada told you they would order you one????

I emailed and recieved a response saying it would not be offered in Canada?!

Im in Vancouver and yes totally agree Darko but i would love one! Amazon down the road?
Good thing it isn't in Canada. Probably priced near 600 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Weber told me that I could order one no problem.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »
I’ve had numerous interactions regarding Weber grills, both new and almost new.  There is no other company I’ve had to deal with as many times about quality issues, and I’m a loyal brand guy for more brands than Weber.  Even if it were just mine, it’s too many because it left the factory in that condition.  I’m not considering shipping damage.  I just don’t see how mine could have left the factory in such condition.  It doesn’t matter how many; NOT one should leave the factory with paint deficits.

i'm fine with your standards and your philosophy on brands and quality, sounds like a perfect world you're living in.

I'm just saying it's super common for us Weber enthusiasts to speak of issues as a catastrophic failure and tell a narrative of "all the grills are bad" because "it's all I see"
The same thing happened with the LE Red.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »
My 26 glen blue arrived with NO issues on Thursday and I did my first cook on Friday

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
@Darko Weber Canada told you they would order you one????

I emailed and recieved a response saying it would not be offered in Canada?!

Im in Vancouver and yes totally agree Darko but i would love one! Amazon down the road?
Good thing it isn't in Canada. Probably priced near 600 bucks.

Weber told me that I could order one no problem.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Well earlier this week I ordered a bunch of parts to make a copper mastertouch. I asked about the blue and was told that yes, I could put an order in, and that I would get it.  Perhaps this was a customer service rep being nice to me, I don't know....  I'll try to order one at the end of the month when the new batch comes. We'll see what happens

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2020, 04:02:46 PM »
Well, I called weber today to order some more parts. I asked again. I was told again, yes I can order a glen blue from Canada.

Weberguy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2020, 05:36:52 AM »
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Weber products.  That's why I'm here.  I have absolutely no need for another 26" kettle, but I ordered glen blue because of the historic and iconic nature of the color.  And again, I think their customer service is awesome.  I just don't understand how a $400 item leaves the factory with blatant and obvious defects. I saw pictures of some others that were even more egregious than mine.  It's very frustrating and disappointing to open up the box and I have to wait because the bowl is not available now. 

i'm fine with your standards and your philosophy on brands and quality, sounds like a perfect world you're living in.

I'm just saying it's super common for us Weber enthusiasts to speak of issues as a catastrophic failure and tell a narrative of "all the grills are bad" because "it's all I see"
The same thing happened with the LE Red.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2020, 05:40:15 AM »
Here is my thought process on ther damaged 26'rs.

First of all,  it is boxed in a large cumbersome box.  A large cumbersome box that weighs 63 pounds. 

What's the easiest way to move that box around?  On its SIDE.

The further these boxes have to travel,  the more they are handled by diffrent people. 

Just because the box doesn't get damaged,  doesn't mean someone along the line didn't drop it, or have it slip out of their hands. 

Take a brand new 22" still in the box, and drop it on its side a couple times,  and tell me it's gonna come out of the box perfect. 

Hell, take a vintage kettle and put it packed in that same box, with the Weber packaging.... I bet it would get damaged just the same. 

Now add the fact that the 26'r weighs 63 pounds shipped,  when that drop / mishandle happens,  that grill is gonna get DAMAGED. 

A drop on the flat side won't neccesarily damage the box. 

I feel most of the defects are a result of shipping.  [emoji2369]

Attached is a pic of mine when it was delivered..... on its side.

I feel pretty confident that 99% of these grills that had to be handled by 1 person,  it was handled on its side,  where the actual grill sits closest to the cardboard box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2020, 06:16:45 AM »
I heard a THUNK! on the front porch when my GB was delivered, and the box was on its side.

The damage was shown in pics above (pg.11)- a ding w/ porcelain loss on the lid rim- which could have happened during shipping, although no porcelain bits were found in the box.

As with the controversy during the release of the Smokefire Pellet grill, who knows what the % of miscues really is?

As long as they "happily" honor the warranty, I'm fine.

Speaking of which, do I recall Weber was reluctant to replace some of the defected Red LEs from a couple years ago?
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »
Mine was delivered on its side as well. I haven't unboxed it yet to see if its damaged.

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2020, 11:03:00 AM »
Had to tell from my pic, but smokes a rollin on the big girl's maiden voyage. Beautiful hot day in Northern Illinois.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Glen blue 26
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »
I have to say I am mesmerized by the color of the new Glen Blue 26..... Sunny day, great photo opportunity....Glen Blue 26”, Wedgewood Blue SJ, custom painted Glen Blue lantern, Ivory Master Touch and SJ and white lantern.  Didn’t realize such a difference in the blues until they were side by side out in the sun.  Cool little family here.  Oh yeah, also the 22” WSM over there wondering what’s the big friggin deal....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club