Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not your typical Saturday  (Read 1003 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Not your typical Saturday
« on: June 28, 2020, 03:57:48 AM »
This started on Friday when a member tipped me off to a gasser that was in his area for a good price, as I was on my way to pick it up, he said hey while you are coming out are you interested in a Yellow 18, Brownie 22 and Lions smokey Joe for (Offer too good to refuse).  Also added, I might sell the ranger also if you are interested.
I called him up got the grand total and said YES!  I wasn't sure when I could pick them up because my road is all torn up and grill acquisitions are very challenging having to wheel them 3 houses down the street.

Saturday morning while browsing FB Marketplace I see an add for a Mastertouch and 18 for half the price of an 18.  I reach out, yup it's available done deal.  I reach out to the member with the lot of grills and ask if I could wait til my road is fixed, he said that he was hoping to get them cleared out this week, so with that I made the trip, member is about 45 minutes to an hour from my house. 

So here is my haul from your not so typical Saturday. 

My personal PSA
I will say this again this deal only happened because two members throughout the years have helped each other score grills with a mutual respect for the other guy.  We never engaged in dog eat dog to the benefit of ourselves over the other guy.  If I see something I really want, I ask if he is on it and let him know I would like it, if he says he is on it, I back off and not try to outbid, he does the same with me.  If I see something cool and it is in his area, I alert him to it, he does the same for me.  This is not the first time I have bought a lot from him and probably will not be the last.  We have seen dog eat dog characters come here their flame burns bright for a short season and burn out because people figure them out. 

For those wondering, the Ranger is already on its way out.  No, I am not selling it, it is being traded to a member that would never sell it, would never get a chance for something like this in his area and who would treasure it more than I.  In the process, I am getting back grills that help me achieve a kettle goal that I have been working on.  While I appreciate the rareness of the Ranger, it is not something I want in my limited collection.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:15:26 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Not your typical Saturday
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:04:47 AM »
Congratulations, LB!  I would’ve loved to see your neighbors’ faces as you wheeled grill after grill down your street!  [emoji39]

.... and whole-heartedly concur with your PSA.  Love the collaborative spirit we see amongst those that stick around longer than one season.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:09:19 AM by Mr.CPHo »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Not your typical Saturday
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 04:57:09 AM »
Sweet Saturday for a grate WKC'er who has INTEGRITY !!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 05:02:04 AM »
Congrats on the van load Jeff.
I can't wait to see what is coming to your collection in the pending trade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:29:53 AM »
Cool story, congrats!  I like that yellow 18 and of course reds and brownies are also favorites.  Way to go!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

judgekane

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 05:35:10 AM »
Awesome day! Congrats!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 06:05:23 AM »
Awesome haul. WKC!!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
ISO Red Outrider.

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 06:12:37 AM »
This is just the greatest story and what the WKC is all about. Congrats to all parties involved. Like Karl, I'm excited to see whats coming back your way Jeff, for the ranger. AWESOME

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 06:55:09 AM »
Nice haul! 

My personal PSA
I will say this again this deal only happened because two members throughout the years have helped each other score grills with a mutual respect for the other guy.  We never engaged in dog eat dog to the benefit of ourselves over the other guy.  If I see something I really want, I ask if he is on it and let him know I would like it, if he says he is on it, I back off and not try to outbid, he does the same with me.  If I see something cool and it is in his area, I alert him to it, he does the same for me.  This is not the first time I have bought a lot from him and probably will not be the last.  We have seen dog eat dog characters come here their flame burns bright for a short season and burn out because people figure them out. 

That’s the spirit of the WKC!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 01:19:29 PM »
NICE!
regards,
Hal

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 05:16:19 PM »
Congrats on the haul, Jeff & THANK YOU!!! A very wise friend once told me, the best trades hurt a little.... but well worth it! She'll be right at home in the Heartland [emoji3448][emoji3448][emoji173][emoji173]

A camping she will go! [emoji1270][emoji1258]

Many memories, she will make. [emoji169][emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 05:18:00 PM by Craig »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 07:32:43 PM »

Congrats on the haul, Jeff & THANK YOU!!! A very wise friend once told me, the best trades hurt a little.... but well worth it! She'll be right at home in the Heartland [emoji3448][emoji3448][emoji173][emoji173]

A camping she will go! [emoji1270][emoji1258]

Many memories, she will make. [emoji169][emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

Congrats Craig and awesome story Jeff!  I love everything about this story!  While I don’t regret selling my ranger, especially to the fella who got it, I do miss it!  Craig, you are going to LOVE that grill!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 06:59:59 AM »
Great story guys and waiting to see the trades

Sent from my SM-N976B using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
Awesome story and haul.... Love the collaboration and respect that comes from most of the members here! Looking forward to the trade return as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
Awesome guys!