Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old timer reurns to tthe Weber flock  (Read 1308 times)

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
Old timer reurns to tthe Weber flock
« on: June 04, 2020, 11:26:58 AM »
Hi, thanks for the add!
I'm a Brit ex-pat living in MD & love to BBQ, smoke & grill.
I'm retired so now I have all the time to mess about with whatever I want to do.
I like to do the more exotic foods from around the world, but like American food too, but usually with a bit of a twist. Tangy & spicey  with BOLD flavors is my style if I really have one.

I had a Weber kettle many years ago & eventually stepped up to a big barrel smoker. Now I'm downsizing again to a 22 1/2" Weber Master-Touch.
I've added a bunch of stuff right off the bat so I just jumped in the deep end.
I like to slow smoke, particularly pork tenderloins & make my own dry rub, marinade & BBQ sauce.
I'm so newly back that the kettle, the Cajun Bandit stacker & the rotisserie are all stacked together in an improbable & impractical tower & I'm dong the first charcoal only burn to get it ready for use.
My next step is to start replicating my old smoker's flavor so I'm going to do a slow smoke, with a mix'n match of the meats seasonings & spices all in a kind of "Full Monty" of what I like to cook. It all scrap ends & small bits so its no intended to be eaten, just to kick start the seasoning of the equipment.
"Old Faithful" now retiring:

The improbable tower 'O seasoning:

The rotisserie shaft is stored separately as it won't fit under the Weber cover (yet)!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:53:30 AM by Stoneage »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Old timer reurns to tthe Weber flock
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. nothing wrong with jumping in with both feet, plenty of helpful folks here to help with your conversion to the kettle
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

owlclaw

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »
Welcome from Ellicott City, MD!  That looks like a sweet smoker/rotisserie rig for the kettle.  :-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »
Thanks.
Odd as it may seem I have a family in Athens.
Oh I'm near Hagerstown, not horribly distant from Ellicott City.

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 12:56:39 PM »
Welcome from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.