Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Fire Pit  (Read 3162 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Weber Fire Pit
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
Just picked this up yesterday off of CL for $30.  There's some rust to be dealt with, and it definitely needs new handles.  I've been looking for one of these for quite some time.  For that price, I'm surprised it didn't go sooner... I'm glad she had it listed as a "Webber"!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:17:52 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Fire Pit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
Nice.

I never realized they have an ash pan. Seems you could just as easily dump it out?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:22:15 AM »
I suspect it's more a heat shield, as there are no holes in the burn pit...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »
That's correct, it is a heat shield, and from what I've read it works quite well. However, I've also read not to use these in grass because while the area immediately under the heat shield is protected, the area around it isn't. More than one person has burned a donut in their yard.  :o
I picked up a new fire pit two weeks ago, but haven't been able to use it. The manual that came with mine strongly encourages filling the bottom with sand to protect the porcelain. I know some people add a grate too, but that isnt mentioned in the manual.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Weber Fire Pit
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:50:34 AM »
Nice score bob! Looks awesome for the price.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »
Very nice!

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »
Very nice and a great price.  I bought a new one a few weeks ago and paid the $150 for it but I've wanted one for awhile and they are discontinued and no one seems to have any left so I jumped on this one that was still on display at our local Outdoor Home store.  I've not used mine yet either.  Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Wayne

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Weber Fire Pit
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
Nice find. I suggest putting some sand in the bottom and maybe an old charcoal grate. Also I bought replacement handles off of ereplacementparts.com for this. You can still get the wooden handles, you can pick up a cover for it too.
A Wonderful Family!!!

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
" Feels like a bag of sand..."
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM