Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another stacker mod  (Read 3038 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Another stacker mod
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:59:12 PM »
I added grate straps from a 14”WSM to a vintage roti ring to build my own version of a stacker, the advantage being I can use the heat deflector and lower grate position if needed, but this will mostly be used for direct Hoosier-style cooks.  Easy mod I wish I’d accomplished ages ago.  Thanks for others’ inspirational stacker mods. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Another stacker mod
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »
Nice work!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »

Nice work!
Thanks, Walchit.

I know this is totally random and not at all kettle related, but I still wanted to give a shoutout to Walchit for sending my wife and I a box literally filled full of pepper plants, powders and seeds.  Andy’s generosity motivated us to get our act together planting-wise, so for the last few weekends we’ve been out in the yard enjoying spring.  Thanks, bud. 

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
Awesome on Walchit, and great Ranger pics Mr.CPHo!!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 07:59:02 PM »
The plants still doing alright? I need a better way to ship them.

And I use that spit all the time, so I was just hoping to return the favor a little

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 04:39:40 AM »
Awesome all the way around!
I’m about to mod an old rotisserie ring too

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 06:00:08 AM »
Love the mod and its simplicity
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »
Very nice! Looks awesome on that Ranger.

I am also doing similar mod to my Onlyfire SS rotisserie ring. I am letting my 22" WSM go, so I need a bit more flexibility out of my 22" kettles.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 06:20:47 AM »
Love the mod, very simple and looks natural, almost like it is supposed to have those brackets.  You know I love the pictures of the ranger!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 02:44:57 PM »
Very nice!  Love the actual grate straps installed. That will add a lot of versatility. I still have plans to add additional stackers in the line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 05:13:00 AM »
The grate straps make it look like a factory weber product for sure. When I found this forum I was cooking on a char griller premium kettle, but I have a 14" charcoal grate instead of an 18" so my coals are way down below the grate. I made some really good poppers and pork tenderloins that way. I also wedged another grate in to hold a pizza stone and water/drip pan, and smoked on it. It worked pretty good really. Then I caught a pretty bad case of weberitis, and I haven't really used that kettle since. It's a pretty nice kettle really,but they should have porcelain coated the inside for sure.