Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Advise needed on this kettle from FB marketplace  (Read 629 times)

vietqdoan

• Smokey Joe
Advise needed on this kettle from FB marketplace
« on: May 05, 2020, 05:38:18 PM »
Hello friends,
Could you review the picture and let me know the follow:
1. Is the table original from Weber?
2. The lid handle is new style with heat shield, but the side lid holder wire is older style (not the additional 2" clearance as new style), does that make sense?
The seller wants to sell for $150 (price is not yet negotiated)

Thanks, Vincent.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Advise needed on this kettle from FB marketplace
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »
I have that grill, 2017-ish limited edition 22.  I don’t recognize the table as being a Weber although it could be.  Bought mine brand new for $60.  Has a lot of porcelain issues and I use it for pizza cooks since it’s a China made version and not an important piece.  Not worth $150 IMO.  But it may sell for that being a red head with a side table and chimney/baskets, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:46:26 PM »
That is a Weber table & a LE red kettle...only a couple years old.  $150 is reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

vietqdoan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
Thanks friends, I learnt somethings new today, didn't know Weber are now making kettles in China.

littlepigbarbeque

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
Not a good deal in my opinion. I bought my limited new at academy a few years ago for 50 bucks.  Nothing wrong with mine, but apparently people kept returning them because of chipped or missing paint/enamel.  I saw major price cuts in my area in stores.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
   That's also a GBS center plate lifter hanging off the bowl handle, which is not sold in America. See what other goodies the seller may have, they may have a trivet.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 07:02:04 PM »
If you own 50+ grills and live in the classifieds and market place it's not a good deal.  If you want a vintage red or a refurb project this is not a good deal.

But

If you want a good cooker with some pretty nice accessories including a discontinued Weber table this is worth going to look at. Plus if you want to cook on it before mid summer and can't drop everything to go get a grill immediately its not a bad at all. If they happen to have some other GBS stuff it might be a pretty good deal!

I get not wanting to buy  a China Weber grill new, it supports them continuing. Steven down the street isn't sending any money to China if you buy it from him.

Table would be worth $50 to me by itself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 10:57:15 AM »
Thanks friends, I learnt somethings new today, didn't know Weber are now making kettles in China.
Weber is not outsourcing kettle grills to China. The LE was the only one to do this as far as I know.  My guess is the red paint was part of the decision making process.

As for the table, it is a Weber table, and I own one.  Not sure who made them for Weber or where.  I was gifted one a few years ago when they could be found for about $35 or so.  Now they are hard to find and often way overpriced.  They do not have a lot of space on them and function strictly as a side holding table.  I suggest buying a separate prep table instead, which will increase functionality and flexibility of your outdoor space and grill. 

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:02:15 AM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

vietqdoan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 11:01:13 AM »
Thanks for all the advices, I check with the owner and there was no other accessory for GBS.  I decided not to buy, but that Red color..........ugh....