Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26" Gen 2 Performer Quarantine Project  (Read 22226 times)

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
Re: 26" Gen 2 Performer Quarantine Project
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:14 PM »
Yeah, great effort put into that build and it paid off. Awesome results; Gorgeous bowl and table!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2021, 10:12:52 AM »
Very nicely done!

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:32 PM »
Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Webers rule

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 08:13:26 PM »
Looks incredible.  We have a similar set up... 26er with craycort grill grates.  I have the SnS XL for mine also. 
View to a Grill on YouTube

rlassor

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2021, 03:43:48 AM »
Any particular reason all these projects use the Gen 2 Performer rather than Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2021, 04:14:20 AM »
Just my personal opinion.
I think the Gen II black frame and the stainless steel panel look better than the grey on the newer generations.
I have owned 4 Gen II and 0 Gen III or IV.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2021, 04:52:01 AM »
Agree with Kneab.  I have also owned a Gen IV and I painted it black before I put it together.  The Gen 2 became available on Craigslist and that’s when the project really took off.  Luck of the draw but I am glad for the Gen 2.  And Weber - please change the Gen IV wheels 😭

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2022, 08:30:05 PM »
Great write up and lots of good info for some things I’m thinking about.  A sort of silly question, but I noticed you have some sort of sleeve on your propane canister.  Any info on that?  I’ve poked around on Amazon and the interwebs and can’t seem to find anything obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2022, 11:17:28 AM »
Thanks @Chesapeake Weber... good eye - yes that is a 1 pound propane sleeve made out of Neoprene.  Necessary?  Totally not.  I also use the 1 pound propane canisters for a weed torch that I use out in my rock mulch in the front yard, and I noticed that when I run that torch for a while it begins to frost up.  Somewhere through some useless googling I found those neoprene covers.  The specific one that I purchased was a "Northland Tackle Propane Tank Warmer".  There's some odd ball websites that sill have it listed if you google it, but I don't think it is produced anymore.  I picked that one because it didn't have any weird logos or graphics on it.  Amazon has one with a pink "Jiffy" logo (search "Jiffy 4391 Propane Tank Sleeve") and there's another one on websites (eBay, etc) that says "Trophy Angler" on it that I've seen.