Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: NEED SUGGESTIONS - DENTED LID ON 22" WEBER KETTLE  (Read 313 times)

Dmiller12

• Happy Cooker
NEED SUGGESTIONS - DENTED LID ON 22" WEBER KETTLE
« on: July 01, 2022, 06:42:40 AM »
I am picking up this 22" Weber tonight.  Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I can remove the large dent under the handle on the lid?  See pic.  HELP!!!   I think this grill deserves a second chance! 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: NEED SUGGESTIONS - DENTED LID ON 22" WEBER KETTLE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 07:15:22 AM »
rubber mallet, it may not hurt to heat up the area with a torch as well before using the mallet, you may get some porcelain loss where the handle strap welds on
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 07:56:19 AM »
rubber mallet, it may not hurt to heat up the area with a torch as well before using the mallet, you may get some porcelain loss where the handle strap welds on
JEBIV's advice is spot on.
I've done this on some very nice kettles that left no damage at all.
Your kettle is perfect for practicing the technique because you can't really hurt it.[emoji6]
$0.02
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 10:20:43 AM »
Maybe cook on it to get the lid hot, then try to tap it out? I can think of a tastier way to fix it.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »
Looks fine as is. It’s a part of the grills history, and does not detract from its usability. My 2 pennies, leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club