Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wings and new sauce.  (Read 2033 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Wings and new sauce.
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:09:47 AM »
A local catering business is doing carry out and has a small store with lots of great sauces and seasonings. I haven’t tried their carry out yet but will. I have been trying to buy everything we need from local sources during this situation and I love it. I will continue to do so after this is over. I stopped by and bought this sauce among other things. It was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wings and new sauce.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 07:15:06 AM »
Looks grate,
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »
I would try the sauce. I normally make my own but that looks right.

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 06:03:57 AM »
Do you oil up the wings pre-cook or just get'em dry as can be with a bit of baking powder?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 06:45:33 AM »

Do you oil up the wings pre-cook or just get'em dry as can be with a bit of baking powder?

First of all, let me just say that for me, grilling wings is like an art form that there are endless ways to prepare, season, cook, sauce, and finish them.  I encourage cooking wings often and trying several ways. This particular time I think I used the sear and slide method. I oiled and seasoned fresh wings. I sear them to desired color over the coals then slide to indirect to finish cooking. I sauce then put them back on a couple minutes to finish.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 06:55:44 AM »

First of all, let me just say that for me, grilling wings is like an art form that there are endless ways to prepare, season, cook, sauce, and finish them.  I encourage cooking wings often and trying several ways. This particular time I think I used the sear and slide method. I oiled and seasoned fresh wings. I sear them to desired color over the coals then slide to indirect to finish cooking. I sauce then put them back on a couple minutes to finish.

I agree completely, i'm sure the last 6 or 7 wing cooks i have done none where the same way only repeat was damn good wings
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »
I am trying this weekend, and looking forward to developing the art.

I agree completely, i'm sure the last 6 or 7 wing cooks i have done none where the same way only repeat was damn good wings