Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Awesome brisket trimming video on YouTube.  (Read 1033 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Awesome brisket trimming video on YouTube.
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
Sharing this new video which I think is one of the best brisket trimming tutorials on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ONifvZMlrQk trimming a brisket can seem daunting but just remember to go slow, use a sharp knife, and make the brisket as smooth and “aerodynamic” as possible.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Awesome brisket trimming video on YouTube.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 05:16:39 PM »
Interesting. He takes it a bit more serious than i do...
Some real good ideas...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 04:33:21 AM »
Very good tutorial, should I build a mini brisket wind tunnel to check aerodynamics. LOL  learned some good tips thanks for the link @pbe gummi bear
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 06:56:28 AM »
I think I've got it figured out....
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »
I think so, based on what you found in the wind tunnel, would turning the grill so the flat is into the wind be the recommended cooking position ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
I think so, based on what you found in the wind tunnel, would turning the grill so the flat is into the wind be the recommended cooking position ?

Depends on the temps - at lower temps/speeds, you'll want to extend the fat flaps to near full, but at higher temps/speeds, you won't need any flaps. Also, once you reach your cruising temp of 275F, the grill attendants will come around the cabin to offer you a beverage and snack of your choice. We'll go ahead and turn that fasten seat belt sign off so you're free to move about the back yard, but we ask that if you are in your chair that you keep your seat belts fastened as unexpected temp turbulence can occur. We know you have a choice when you grill, and we appreciate you grilling with WKC grill-lines.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again