Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Which would you build into a table?  (Read 1329 times)

walley_eye

• Smokey Joe
Which would you build into a table?
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:26:49 PM »
So if you had a SJ Gold, Jumbo Joe, 18” Origional kettle and a 22” Master Touch and wanted to build one into a grill cart like this one pictured which would you build in and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Which would you build into a table?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:51:02 AM »
If you are going to build a cart I would use the 22" because it has the most widely used accessories and will be your daily work horse.  The SJ's can always be used on the table top if you need extra capacity or just need to cook a small order of food. 

I am actually not a big fan of wood carts myself.  A lot of work to build, usually aren't waterproofed as well, and you can usually find a nice Performer with gas assist in the $100 to $150 range.  I do think having additional tables/cabinets are nice if you have a nice dedicated work space though.  I am actually on the look out for a cheap local Genesis frame to turn into a table/cabinet.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:50:33 AM »
I am a fan of tables, but think they are best when the grill is separated from them.  My table/cart sits between my two grills and this allows for flexibility in set up depending upon needs.  Also, while cooking I can move around my kettles more easily when needed. 
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:07:39 AM »
My only wish is to raise my kettle and stand-alone table up about 6 inches.  I know there's a video on how to do this pretty easily - I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Which would you build into a table?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:53 AM »
I just finished building this last night. With a concrete top. First time working with concrete but I’m happy with it can’t wait to try her out tomorrow. I’ll send new pictures when she makes it to her resting place in the backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

walley_eye

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 01:09:06 PM »
My only wish is to raise my kettle and stand-alone table up about 6 inches.  I know there's a video on how to do this pretty easily - I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Could you share the link to that video?

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »

Not the pic you are asking for from other member, but to clarify on my earlier post, I like the flexibility of this set up

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 05:00:43 AM »

This is the video I was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXQQz6B5Luw
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again