Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pandemic prep  (Read 685 times)

walley_eye

• Smokey Joe
Pandemic prep
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »
While everyone is going crazy buying up toilet paper during this deadly pandemic I went out today and made sure I had what was really important.

I got my bourbon, beer and charcoal! Wifey got meat at costco yesterday!

How are you prepping?

On a side note, if you know someone elderly, disabled or with a pre-existing health condition that makes them more vulnerable to covid-19 ask them if you could go shopping for them or help them otherwise survive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Pandemic prep
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »
I'm taking a little time to work on a mod.
regards,
Hal

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 12:01:47 PM »
I got an Irish whiskey yesterday. I've had some bags of charcoal, (although I don't care for it, won't buy again) and a freezer in the garage with various cuts of a 1/4 cow we went in on a couple months ago. Already have a decent amount of toilet paper and coffee. We're good for a while!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
Restoring and detailing Weber kettles on the weekend - even bringing them in to work on them while it's cold and nasty outside.  During the week enjoying a glass of wine or two and cooking different things with my wife in the evenings.  We actually bought toilet paper last week at Home Depot when no one else had any.  Will probably be enjoying some pulled pork sammys tonight from a cook last month after portioning and freezing what we had left.  Nice to have things in the freezer for times like this.  I've still got two slabs of ribs in the freezer as well that we can cook when we're ready.  BUT I'm out of Tennessee Whiskey!  ; )

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
And this is how we’re rolling tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

meat_feet

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »
pandemic food in the epicenter... Washington State.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 06:24:03 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 07:58:27 AM »
We've been pretty fortunate in that people around us haven't been panicking in buying up things at the grocers. The owners there are on top of things and work with their suppliers to make sure they're not left out in the event of a run. As far as food goes, we've been keeping it simple - burgers, spaghetti, cold cuts. Things that we can make a lot of, put in the fridge and eat as leftovers for a while. I feel bad for the kids as they're missing out on interactions with their friends and teachers, but it is what it is.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again