Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First SSP  (Read 541 times)

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
First SSP
« on: March 10, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
Picked up my first SSP since catching the itis.  Kettle lid is a DR and in pretty decent shape.  Bowl is pretty roached and the grate straps are pretty much rusted through but I didnt plan on keeping a black kettle on the cart in the long run so thats ok.  Previous owner completely removed the gas assist and said he tossed all the parts he pulled off.  Casters are shot.  Most importantly the frame seems very solid and I'm looking forward to cleaning her up. I've read tons of SSP posts from you grate folks and I'll definitely be referencing them as I go.  Thanks to everyone past and present who have contributed to spark my interest in this project.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First SSP
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 03:15:18 PM »
Best of luck there, looks like you’re off to a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
Since the frame and charcoal bin look good, it'll all work out. I think everything else can still be replaced.

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
Since the frame and charcoal bin look good, it'll all work out. I think everything else can still be replaced.
I think once everything is cleaned up and put back together it will be the temp home for my CB green.  Long term I envision a red kettle of some sort on it but we'll see.  I may try to salvage the mounts off the roached bowl.

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 04:25:46 PM »
I think once everything is cleaned up and put back together it will be the temp home for my CB green.  Long term I envision a red kettle of some sort on it but we'll see.  I may try to salvage the mounts off the roached bowl.

Nice! I think red looks best in the Gen1 frame. Best of luck!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »
Blue looks pretty too.  The grey too. 

I had a roached out bowl from one of the kettles that just had the table thing (not even a performer without the gas assist).  After salvaging all the decent parts, I wound up cutting the mounts off.  You never know when you will want a pair. 

After I cut those off, I posted the bowl on here for free in case someone local needed some leg sockets.  Someone did, so I passed it on to him. 
regards,
Hal

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
Oh yeah i dont mind any of those.  I missed a grey in my area not long ago and now that I have the SSP I'm thinking about it again.
Blue looks pretty too.  The grey too. 

I had a roached out bowl from one of the kettles that just had the table thing (not even a performer without the gas assist).  After salvaging all the decent parts, I wound up cutting the mounts off.  You never know when you will want a pair. 

After I cut those off, I posted the bowl on here for free in case someone local needed some leg sockets.  Someone did, so I passed it on to him.