Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is Weber listening or?  (Read 3883 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Is Weber listening or?
« on: March 09, 2020, 03:54:13 AM »
So I have worked on and refurbished probably 250 to 300 Weber gas grills over the past 10 years, I am vary familiar with the Weber line of grills.  Recently Weber released the Genesis II and Spirit II line of grills and while the Genesis models are still good quality, I can honestly say the Spirits IMO are a slight step up from a charbroil. 

I was at Home Depot the other day and saw a Spirit E-215 (and S-215) and E-315 (and S-315).  This looks like the previous version Spirit grill yet with updated features.  The nobs are different, the handle and there are some front mounted hooks on the right hand side of the grill.  Near as I can tell this might be an only Home Depot model but if it is, good on Weber for doing it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Is Weber listening or?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 05:00:04 AM »
What’s your favorite era of spirit / genesis?  I’m really liking my 2002ish three burner genesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:30:19 AM »
Anything from about 1990 to 2000ish is great.  Built like tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 05:41:47 AM »
@LightningBoldtz does this mean you have had gas off and on for over 10 years ? time to go to the doctor !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 05:48:34 AM »
What’s your favorite era of spirit / genesis?  I’m really liking my 2002ish three burner genesis.

Personally. I have the Genesis 1000 pictured below.  I like this model because the the center burner, had ports on each side of burner tube, also, they are simply built really well.

I think the Early 2000's are good models but I think the best of them(Genesis 310 series) are the 2009 to 2016 version, built like a tank, only real issue I have seen with these is the bottom shelf tends to rust.

All the Spirit lines are OK a step down from Genesis, as I mentioned Spirit II avoid like the plague, IMO.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 05:49:14 AM »
@LightningBoldtz does this mean you have had gas off and on for over 10 years ? time to go to the doctor !

Longer than that, My wife can attest

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 04:24:33 PM »

I think the Early 2000's are good models but I think the best of them(Genesis 310 series) are the 2009 to

2009-2012 Sidewinders would be my pick over the 2013-2016 front control version.
However, the B/C and 1000-5000 rank right up there as well. 
I am in about the same ##'s of refurbs as well.  I like the newer front control
Spirits.  They do a great job and are very solid and reliable.  But, like many Webers,
you have to watch out the damn floor pans if you live where rust likes to thrive.