Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled pork and meat jelly  (Read 1252 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Pulled pork and meat jelly
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »

Man, that's so neat.  I've not looked into vacuum bagging before and am really interested.  Can you recommend a brand that hopefully doesn't break the bank and works really well?

I just use a food saver. I got it as a gift a few years back. It looks like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks so much!  Maybe Costco has them.....will look soon!

I think you will be amazed. I drop a bag of pork in a pot of water then bring to a boil. Once boiling I usually keep it in there for 15 minutes. Take out and when you cut that bag open, the smell will blow you away. It’s just like you made it that day. Maybe better.

Also after I vac bag it I smash the bag flat pressing with my hands. It stores better and reheats quicker.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pulled pork and meat jelly
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 04:28:22 AM »
The smell is amazing when you break open those vac bags for sure
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pulled pork and meat jelly
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 06:07:07 AM »

Man, that's so neat.  I've not looked into vacuum bagging before and am really interested.  Can you recommend a brand that hopefully doesn't break the bank and works really well?

I just use a food saver. I got it as a gift a few years back. It looks like this one.

Thanks so much!  Maybe Costco has them.....will look soon!

I think you will be amazed. I drop a bag of pork in a pot of water then bring to a boil. Once boiling I usually keep it in there for 15 minutes. Take out and when you cut that bag open, the smell will blow you away. It’s just like you made it that day. Maybe better.

Also after I vac bag it I smash the bag flat pressing with my hands. It stores better and reheats quicker.

Like a sous vide reheat process - awesome!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again