Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A little something for my kids  (Read 725 times)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
A little something for my kids
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »
This little pick-up was required since we started watching the Simpsons recently...starting from episode one.  I spent $100 total including the $30 shipping, so not too bad I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: A little something for my kids
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
That's a classic. Nice move for the family.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »
Nice!  Mine is on display on my coffee table.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 06:00:11 AM »
Very cool - enjoy!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 06:08:17 AM »
Looks like it is nice shape.  Congratulations.

Personally, I've always been torn on these.  I actually encountered one NIB for a very reasonable price that I should have bought, just for trade bait if nothing else.  The blue handles just bug me.  Look like they are made out of play-doh or something.  If I had one, I'd have to switch out the handle & I tend to stay "stock" as much as possible.  But, I've been toying with swapping out some plastic handles for wood.  I might go for one, one of these days.  But the handle will wind up in "storage".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:10:42 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 06:11:21 AM »
Family is everything, then mix in a Weber or 2 for more fun
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »
I remember when the Simpsons first came out (on Thursdays) and parents were all up in arms about how disrespectful Bart acted towards Homer and Marge.  I remember the “Eat my shorts” and “Don’t have a cow, man” t-shirts were banned from our school.  Funny how times have changed and now watching The Simpsons is a family affair.  Just the other day I played The Simpsons Sing the Blues album and had the whole car cracking up.  Good times.  Cool to hear kids these days are into it.

I love the Simpsons and hope they can keep going for many more years. 

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
My wife was initially not overly joyed at "another grill".  I said "we watch the Simpsons now...and this is a 10th anniversary edition."

"But the Simpsons have been around for 30 years now?  How can that be the 10th?"