Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dual Probe Grill/Smoker Thermometer  (Read 1133 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Dual Probe Grill/Smoker Thermometer
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:47:49 AM »
Hey guys I'm in the market for easy to use dual probe thermometer. Easy, Reliable, Moderately Priced! Thoughts?
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Dual Probe Grill/Smoker Thermometer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
Smoke for $99 is hard to beat. I have the  newer maverick with 4 probes and it’s ok , but I prefer the smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
+1 Thermoworks Smoke

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »

+1 on the Thermoworks Smoke.  Had mine going on three years now. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Dual Probe Grill/Smoker Thermometer
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 06:47:49 PM »
+1 Thermoworks Smoke. I’ve had to replace one probe in 3 years but it will “hands down” make you a better cook. They do sales occasionally so you might be able to get it cheaper in the near future if you’re not in a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:19 PM »
Another vote for the smoke. Great unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 01:06:49 AM »
Fireboard. Somewhat pricey but they have a variety of different types of ambient and food probes. Standard or threaded ambient probes comes in either RTD or thermistor.  Standard food probe, short or long thin food probes etc.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 05:36:29 AM »
My vote is for the Maverick xr-50.  Range is amazing and very accurate IME.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 06:38:46 AM »

That one has 4 probes right?  That would be nice.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 06:55:43 AM »
Not sure why iGrill 2 doesn’t get any love around here, but mine has been going strong for a few years with no issues.  Only comes with two probes, but able to connect 4.  Sure, it’s Bluetooth only, but can be paired and mirrored to any TV (or speaker if you just want to hear alerts) using airplay.

I may eventually buy a Smoke when this iGrill dies, but based on the abuse it has already sustained, that doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon. 

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 07:32:49 AM »

That one has 4 probes right?  That would be nice.

Correct, 4 probes which is nice when smoking or cooking on multiple layered racks.  I also bought the InkBird IBT-6XS 6 probe for like $40 on Black Friday.  Have not used that one yet as the app is unfortunately a bit unpredictable.  It's supposed to keep a log of your temps through the cook, but tends to bog down the memory of your monitoring device (ipad or iphone in my case) and resets losing all data.  But it appears to be accurate and good for live monitoring and alarms are easy to set in the app.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 07:43:55 AM »
Not sure why iGrill 2 doesn’t get any love around here, but mine has been going strong for a few years with no issues.  Only comes with two probes, but able to connect 4.  Sure, it’s Bluetooth only, but can be paired and mirrored to any TV (or speaker if you just want to hear alerts) using airplay.

I may eventually buy a Smoke when this iGrill dies, but based on the abuse it has already sustained, that doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon.
I like the igrill just fine, don't care much for the connectivity part but that isn't that important to me. I just seem to grab one of my Smoke's most of the time
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 08:30:26 AM »
Love my iGrill - the small unit seems impervious to the elements. I've used it in rain, snow and zombie apocalypses with zero issues.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again