Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2826 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Confused
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 01:19:43 PM »
I guess when you buy kettles from members from your want list and then sell them for double what you pay for them it's real easy not to "break the bank".

I’m on the sell some to buy some program. My wife still doesn’t understand why there are so many Weber’s in the garage but it’s not breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.

Yes Colin, I listed the yellow that I bought from you. Some of us can’t keep every grill we come across for whatever reason. Mine is the deal I’ve made with my wife to buy/sell/trade to get what I’d like to have. Out of all my collection I picked the Gourmet to list. Not an easy choice and if it does sell I’ll probably never come across another again.

Does that make me a bad guy? Does that knock down some of my kettle karma? Their grills sir. Bought and sold without contracts in place. I could have gone to eBay for the highest price right?

Calling me out on a forum instead of a text or call?  You backed out of a deal with me long ago and I didn’t find it necessary to call you out on it. Their just grills.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 01:35:55 PM »
So I admit the lid is a little more bigger or heavier or something than I expected. Definitely going to get the lid hinge I believe Cajun Bandit Wheels to start but this temperature gauge
Just did a lavalock door, arborfab basket, lid hinge, handles and more..... fun to upgrade these!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
I admit the lid is heavier or larger or something than I was expecting. Stainless hinge for the lid for sure. Cajun Bandit wheels are probably first thing on my list because they spoiled meat on my 18. But this temperature gauge this is all stuck at about 130° . Recommendations for a new gauge? I bet this falls under warranty issue?
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
I do that,  um i was being sarcastic.  I honestly don't tell her anymore either. A lot of times I go over my budget but that's just a figure in my head that's made up . She collects and sells everything else. We have storage lockers that's all her filled. Antique furniture sets . Toys ,  can't bring kids there because they freak out. At least 3 pits of mine she's responsible for. It's better to call us before you go to Walmart.
Well, it ain't worth the ag and guilt trying to "sneak" something past the wife. "The guy helped me stick in the garage before my old lady caught us..."  Never works IMHO. Just sayin'...

Good luck...
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
Wow, just not the case guys. Didn't mean for it to sound that way
I guess I would say that if you're wife's not on board and you're spending money you don't necessary have behind her back, then, yeah, you should be nervous.  Having said that, the seller shouldn't be pushing you into buying to a point where you feel you have no other option other than to say "okay" just to get him off your back.  That's not cool.  In any event, you bought it, so now you get to have fun fixing it up and then using it!  Buy the wife some flowers and promise that the first smoke will be for her.
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »
My co worker is a model train freak! He goes all over for those things. That I don't get. I always say I didn't pick this it's picked me.
Oh, I didn't realize that was your situation....If you're feeling buyer's remorse, and need to please the wife then I suggest cleaning it up, make it really nice and then sell for a small profit to pay yourself for your labor.  That way everyone is happy and next time you can discuss saving up for a smoker that you really want and have the wife on board.  It's much more fun when you can share the cooks together and make it a together project IMO.  Heck my wife wanted me to bring my WSM in the living room (after a good cleaning) so the caulk around the new door could cure properly.  We've also had living room photo sessions of the grills that are clean enough to come in when I brought them in during a bad storm. 

One piece of advice that works form me in my other hobby (Ho Scale Model Railroading) is Buy one Sell two.  If there's that special one you want or must have then it must be worth it enough for you to sell two.  This works for most hobbies that involve collections. 

Good luck!
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 04:57:23 PM »
Its supposed to be that way, but you know how sometimes goes
I've used the strategy of selling one and buying a better one a couple times in my past, it's an age old technique of satisfaction.
Ryan  Andrew Moore

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »
I have projects. Might get a kettle then takes a bit to get to. It happens. My kids are first. Our son is in a pretty good college . Starting 2nd year and still gets shocked for all the stuff that's not covered in the scholarships.
I’m on the sell some to buy some program. My wife still doesn’t understand why there are so many Weber’s in the garage but it’s not breaking the bank.

Ryan  Andrew Moore

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
"Weberitis," works in mysterious ways!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
Wow, just not the case guys. Didn't mean for it to sound that way
I guess I would say that if you're wife's not on board and you're spending money you don't necessary have behind her back, then, yeah, you should be nervous.  Having said that, the seller shouldn't be pushing you into buying to a point where you feel you have no other option other than to say "okay" just to get him off your back.  That's not cool.  In any event, you bought it, so now you get to have fun fixing it up and then using it!  Buy the wife some flowers and promise that the first smoke will be for her.

My apologies -- I obviously misinterpreted what you wrote. Good to know you're not in trouble!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again