Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2824 times)

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
Confused
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
So happened to get a really sweet deal! I did pay a good bit of money though. I feel so sick to my stomach because I was doing so good .  I really always wanted one of these. Has a chip , the door is gappy. About a year old. he is Going through a divorce . Even came and hand delivered free. This cuts into Vegas trip $ .
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:49:04 PM by wildeagle »
Ryan  Andrew Moore

5.0dzzs

• Smokey Joe
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
Nice score it’s even got a temp port installed

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »
Nice!  Getting it used, you can afford some nice upgrades.  Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 03:59:43 PM »
So the door was gappy ,  but bendable. Either lavalock or cajun bandit door mods to start. Fire basket of some stainless kind. Firedial
Nice!  Getting it used, you can afford some nice upgrades.  Have fun!

Ryan  Andrew Moore

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
Just did a lavalock door, arborfab basket, lid hinge, handles and more..... fun to upgrade these!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 06:55:39 PM »
Why are you sick? Relax.

First...Bend the door back...roll gently around something like 5 gallon bucket. I’ve had some that didn’t fit well (even Cajun Bandit doors needed to be shaped a little).

Second...Go to the hardware store....buy a $5 can of semi gloss or gloss Bbq black. Get a small cup or something and spray the paint into the cup. Then take a small child’s paintbrush and touch it up.

Burn it out...cook...plan for Vegas.

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 09:22:46 AM »
Confused because I felt sick to my stomach for spending more money on items that have to do with grilling and smoking.  The guy helped me stick in the garage before my old lady caught us.  3 days went back n forth. Decided to pass   , then yesterday I was pushed and pushed and sucked right back in! I felt like I was getting worked over a little BUT not really. Its confusing to explain.  Probably wont even touch until what I am doing gets finished first. Waiting on the mail man to deliver something.
Why are you sick? Relax.

First...Bend the door back...roll gently around something like 5 gallon bucket. I’ve had some that didn’t fit well (even Cajun Bandit doors needed to be shaped a little).

Second...Go to the hardware store....buy a $5 can of semi gloss or gloss Bbq black. Get a small cup or something and spray the paint into the cup. Then take a small child’s paintbrush and touch it up.

Burn it out...cook...plan for Vegas.

Ryan  Andrew Moore

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 10:35:34 AM »
I guess I would say that if you're wife's not on board and you're spending money you don't necessary have behind her back, then, yeah, you should be nervous.  Having said that, the seller shouldn't be pushing you into buying to a point where you feel you have no other option other than to say "okay" just to get him off your back.  That's not cool.  In any event, you bought it, so now you get to have fun fixing it up and then using it!  Buy the wife some flowers and promise that the first smoke will be for her.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Oh, I didn't realize that was your situation....If you're feeling buyer's remorse, and need to please the wife then I suggest cleaning it up, make it really nice and then sell for a small profit to pay yourself for your labor.  That way everyone is happy and next time you can discuss saving up for a smoker that you really want and have the wife on board.  It's much more fun when you can share the cooks together and make it a together project IMO.  Heck my wife wanted me to bring my WSM in the living room (after a good cleaning) so the caulk around the new door could cure properly.  We've also had living room photo sessions of the grills that are clean enough to come in when I brought them in during a bad storm. 

One piece of advice that works form me in my other hobby (Ho Scale Model Railroading) is Buy one Sell two.  If there's that special one you want or must have then it must be worth it enough for you to sell two.  This works for most hobbies that involve collections. 

Good luck!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 10:58:10 AM »
One piece of advice that works form me in my other hobby (Ho Scale Model Railroading) is Buy one Sell two.  If there's that special one you want or must have then it must be worth it enough for you to sell two.  This works for most hobbies that involve collections. 

That's good advice!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Tbagley

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 12:25:51 PM »
I've used the strategy of selling one and buying a better one a couple times in my past, it's an age old technique of satisfaction.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 04:00:37 AM »
Well, it ain't worth the ag and guilt trying to "sneak" something past the wife. "The guy helped me stick in the garage before my old lady caught us..."  Never works IMHO. Just sayin'...

Good luck...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Confused
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 08:49:43 AM »
Well, it ain't worth the ag and guilt trying to "sneak" something past the wife. "The guy helped me stick in the garage before my old lady caught us..."  Never works IMHO. Just sayin'...

Good luck...

^^this^^

I have a bbq/mad money budget. I can buy what I want...no worries. If I want something that costs more than my monthly budget? I roll it over to the next month or longer until I have enough to get what I want. No sneaking and the books are good! Wife is happy.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 09:29:22 AM »
I’m on the sell some to buy some program. My wife still doesn’t understand why there are so many Weber’s in the garage but it’s not breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 10:43:09 AM »
I guess when you buy kettles from members from your want list and then sell them for double what you pay for them it's real easy not to "break the bank".

I’m on the sell some to buy some program. My wife still doesn’t understand why there are so many Weber’s in the garage but it’s not breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk