Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: #%ing Wind!  (Read 3618 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: #%ing Wind!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2020, 11:54:24 PM »
Too bad. So sorry to hear about your kettle.

I’ve been meaning to post here for a while. Do Weber kettles stand up to wind? To be exact, the question is are they aerodynamic???

I found out with a cover on they can get quite airborne.

I had a pristine DR code outside for two years up against the north side of my garage. One winter storm this year and got pulled from the wall and landed about five feet from where it was.

Oddly the cover saved it from damage but I’m sure it was the thing that got it flying.

I ask this as a valid question since so many members have their collection stored outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
#%ing Wind!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2020, 03:43:21 AM »
Too bad. So sorry to hear about your kettle.

I’ve been meaning to post here for a while. Do Weber kettles stand up to wind? To be exact, the question is are they aerodynamic???

I found out with a cover on they can get quite airborne.

I had a pristine DR code outside for two years up against the north side of my garage. One winter storm this year and got pulled from the wall and landed about five feet from where it was.

Oddly the cover saved it from damage but I’m sure it was the thing that got it flying.

I ask this as a valid question since so many members have their collection stored outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I’m not an engineer but I’m guessing they are more aerodynamic than a square metal box and less aerodynamic than an airplane. The answer lies somewhere in betwixt [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2020, 03:48:33 AM »
Also I’ve heard the racing triangle all but eliminates blow over

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2020, 07:26:04 AM »
My condolences.